hanging abort action - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on hanging abort action - Veritas Backup Exec ; A scheduled backup process is still listed in the job moniter as "media loading." (after a day or so) When I try to abort, the action is still listed as "abort pending" several hours later. I'm unable to cancel the ...

  1. hanging abort action

    A scheduled backup process is still listed in the job moniter as "media loading."
    (after a day or so) When I try to abort, the action is still listed as "abort
    pending" several hours later. I'm unable to cancel the action and wipe a
    new tape for the next sceduled backup. it just seems hung up. I'm obviously
    averse to shutting down everything, but is that my only option.

    thanks for any help.

  2. Re: hanging abort action

    I have also got this problem months ago. The only way to stop it was to stop
    all the services beginning with "Backup exec..."! It will use some time,
    but it will work!

    Stephan