Firewire device - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Firewire device - Veritas Backup Exec ; Will version 8.5 or 8.6 support an IDR cold iron restore from a firewire device - any knowledge base article on this? (Exabyte VXA1-e). Thanks. /Howard Sartori...

  1. Firewire device

    Will version 8.5 or 8.6 support an IDR cold iron restore from a firewire
    device - any knowledge base article on this? (Exabyte VXA1-e).
    Thanks. /Howard Sartori

  2. Re: Firewire device

    The device support list for v8.6 (http://support.veritas.com/dsl/lists...prod1_NT86.htm)
    (URL may be wrapped)
    lists only SCSI and ATAPI devices. No USB or firewire devices at all, so
    I'd say chances of an IDR restore are somewhere between slim and none.

    "Howard Sartori" wrote:
    > Will version 8.5 or 8.6 support an IDR cold iron restore from a firewire
    >device - any knowledge base article on this? (Exabyte VXA1-e).
    >Thanks. /Howard Sartori

+ Reply to Thread