NAS vs DLT - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on NAS vs DLT - Veritas Backup Exec ; Just wondering if any of you out there are backing up to a NAS device and if so what kind of throughput are you getting. I figured a backup to Disk over a dual nic setup (Maxtor 4100) would be ...

  1. NAS vs DLT

    Just wondering if any of you out there are backing up to a NAS device and
    if so what kind of throughput are you getting. I figured a backup to Disk
    over a dual nic setup (Maxtor 4100) would be quicker than to tape (TL891)
    using BE 8.6. but it takes 8 hours to NAS vesus 6 over tape on full backups.
    Any comments would be appreciated.

  2. Re: NAS vs DLT

    Tape drive local or remote?

    Are all server/NAS NICS and switch ports hard set to 100/Full or whatever
    or are they set to AutoNegotiate?

    "Jay G" wrote:

    >Just wondering if any of you out there are backing up to a NAS device and
    >if so what kind of throughput are you getting. I figured a backup to Disk
    >over a dual nic setup (Maxtor 4100) would be quicker than to tape (TL891)
    >using BE 8.6. but it takes 8 hours to NAS vesus 6 over tape on full backups.
    >Any comments would be appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread