Upgrade Path - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Upgrade Path - Veritas Backup Exec ; Does anyone know if I can download 8.6 for an upgarde over 7.3? I am assuming I need to purchase the upgarde, correct? Can I just do that and use the serial number from 7.3 to verify ownership? Thanks -- ...

  1. Upgrade Path

    --
    John McCoy

  2. Re: Upgrade Path

    "John McCoy" wrote:
    >Does anyone know if I can download 8.6 for an upgarde over 7.3? I am
    >assuming I need to purchase the upgarde, correct? Can I just do that and

    use
    >the serial number from 7.3 to verify ownership?
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >--
    >John McCoy

    You have to purchase upgrade licenses either from a competent reseller or
    Veritas direct for 8.6. The direct upgradeability is not a sure thing.
    If you have trouble you may have uninstall 7.3, save your setup files and
    reinstall using only the 8.6 license.

+ Reply to Thread