Invalid Physical Volume Library Argument - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Invalid Physical Volume Library Argument - Veritas Backup Exec ; BackupExec 8.6, rev. 3808, Win2K Server. Scheduled jobs fail with alert message and Application Event 57665.. "Invalid Physical Volume Library Argument"....

  1. Invalid Physical Volume Library Argument

    BackupExec 8.6, rev. 3808, Win2K Server. Scheduled jobs fail with alert message
    and Application Event 57665.. "Invalid Physical Volume Library Argument".

  2. Re: Invalid Physical Volume Library Argument

    Dean, did you ever figure out what it was ? I have the same error with BE
    8.6 3878. In my case, this is the second backup job of the night with OFO
    enabled.

    jeff...

    "dean cole" wrote in message

    > BackupExec 8.6, rev. 3808, Win2K Server. Scheduled jobs fail with alert

    message
    > and Application Event 57665.. "Invalid Physical Volume Library Argument".

  3. Re: Invalid Physical Volume Library Argument

    "dean cole" wrote:

    >BackupExec 8.6, rev. 3808, Win2K Server. Scheduled jobs fail with alert

    message
    >and Application Event 57665.. "Invalid Physical Volume Library Argument".

    I have the same problem. Same Event number, same error message.
    but no solution yet.

  4. Re: Invalid Physical Volume Library Argument

    "Jeff" wrote:
    >Dean, did you ever figure out what it was ? I have the same error with

    BE
    >8.6 3878. In my case, this is the second backup job of the night with OFO
    >enabled.
    >
    >jeff...

    Did you get any respons from Veritas ??????
    Got the same problem.

    // Dicken

    >"dean cole" wrote in message
    >>
    >> BackupExec 8.6, rev. 3808, Win2K Server. Scheduled jobs fail with alert

    >message
    >> and Application Event 57665.. "Invalid Physical Volume Library Argument".

  5. Re: Invalid Physical Volume Library Argument

    "Jeff" wrote:
    >Dean, did you ever figure out what it was ? I have the same error with

    BE
    >8.6 3878. In my case, this is the second backup job of the night with OFO
    >enabled.
    >
    >jeff...
    >
    >"dean cole" wrote in message
    >>
    >> BackupExec 8.6, rev. 3808, Win2K Server. Scheduled jobs fail with alert

    >message
    >> and Application Event 57665.. "Invalid Physical Volume Library Argument".

    I had the same problems. Solved it!
    Download the Veritas Driver updates.
    Filename BNT86IDRV32_246206.EXE
    Extract this file, Follow the wizard, Choose REMOVE all Veritas Device Drivers.

    Reboot.
    Rerun the EXE. Now add Veritas Device Drivers.

    Also make sure you have the right SCSI device drivers for your SCSI card.
    In my case Windows 2000 detected a 3960 Adaptec Controller instead of a "Compaq
    Dual Ultra 3 controller".

    Succes !
    Hopefully this also solves your problem.

    Marc

  6. Re: Invalid Physical Volume Library Argument

    With Service Pack of Win2000 do you installed?
    Have you re installed the veritas software?

    Jan
    "Dick Schweiger" wrote:

    >"dean cole" wrote:
    >>
    >>BackupExec 8.6, rev. 3808, Win2K Server. Scheduled jobs fail with alert

    >message
    >>and Application Event 57665.. "Invalid Physical Volume Library Argument".

    >I have the same problem. Same Event number, same error message.
    >but no solution yet.

  7. Re: Invalid Physical Volume Library Argument

    Hi,
    This problem will get resolved by reinstalling Veritas drivers.
    Go to Tools --> run Device Configuration Wizard. Opt to use veritas drivers
    when prompted for.
    Recycle BENT services.
    Also, update to Build3878 which can be downloaded from Support Downloads
    column of www.support.veritas.com

    Thanks
    JG

    "Jan" wrote:

    >With Service Pack of Win2000 do you installed?
    >Have you re installed the veritas software?
    >
    >Jan
    >"Dick Schweiger" wrote:
    >>
    >>"dean cole" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>BackupExec 8.6, rev. 3808, Win2K Server. Scheduled jobs fail with alert

    >>message
    >>>and Application Event 57665.. "Invalid Physical Volume Library Argument".

    >>I have the same problem. Same Event number, same error message.
    >>but no solution yet.

  8. Re: Invalid Physical Volume Library Argument

    Jeff, did you ever get this resolved? I'm having same problem with same version
    build of BE. Thanks.

    "Jeff" wrote:
    >Dean, did you ever figure out what it was ? I have the same error with

    BE
    >8.6 3878. In my case, this is the second backup job of the night with OFO
    >enabled.
    >
    >jeff...
    >
    >"dean cole" wrote in message
    >>
    >> BackupExec 8.6, rev. 3808, Win2K Server. Scheduled jobs fail with alert

    >message
    >> and Application Event 57665.. "Invalid Physical Volume Library Argument".

+ Reply to Thread