Unable to connect to backup server - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Unable to connect to backup server - Veritas Backup Exec ; We had a harddisk failure, luckily no data of any consequence. But since this BackUp exec cannot connect to the local server when you start the application. Also if you use the connect to backup server dropdown in network, the ...

  1. Unable to connect to backup server

    We had a harddisk failure, luckily no data of any consequence. But since this
    BackUp exec cannot connect to the local server when you start the application.
    Also if you use the connect to backup server dropdown in network, the server
    choice shows as none ?
    I am trying to do a backup now and it seems okay but anyone got any ideas
    ?
    Many thanks.

  2. Re: Unable to connect to backup server

    This works for me: when you lose connection to your local backup server and
    the box is blank, just type in the server name. And it will want your
    backupadmin userid and password. It should then make the connection.

    Richard Ward
    NB Dept. Natural Resources
    Fredericton NB Canada

    "Phil Jones" wrote in message

    > We had a harddisk failure, luckily no data of any consequence. But since

    this
    > BackUp exec cannot connect to the local server when you start the

    application.
    > Also if you use the connect to backup server dropdown in network, the

    server
    > choice shows as none ?
    > I am trying to do a backup now and it seems okay but anyone got any ideas
    > ?
    > Many thanks.

+ Reply to Thread