tape format - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on tape format - Veritas Backup Exec ; When I format a tape using Backup Exec 8.60 I am unable to use the tape with Ntbackup or Arcserve 6.5. Does anyone have a solution for this? Roger...

  1. tape format

    When I format a tape using Backup Exec 8.60 I am unable to use the tape with
    Ntbackup or Arcserve 6.5.

    Does anyone have a solution for this?

    Roger

  2. Re: tape format

    Re-Format in those products?

    or erase using NTBACKUP /NOPOLL

    "pctech" wrote:
    >When I format a tape using Backup Exec 8.60 I am unable to use the tape

    with
    >Ntbackup or Arcserve 6.5.
    >
    >Does anyone have a solution for this?
    >
    >Roger

  3. Re: tape format

    > Re-Format in those products?
    > or erase using NTBACKUP /NOPOLL

    I tried both ntbackup /nopoll and the format function in arcserve. This
    make no sense -- everyone is say that the tapes should be able to be re-used
    by MS and Arcserve.

    i dug through the archive and the docs with little success.

    Interestly enough I can inventory and catalog tapes used by Ntbackup. I
    have not ried Arcserve.

  4. Re: tape format

    > > Re-Format in those products?
    > > or erase using NTBACKUP /NOPOLL

    To follow up on the problem.

    Most of my problems were solved by doing a quick format in backup exec
    before backing up data on the tape. After that Ntbackup was able to read
    the tape just fine.

    Within Arcserve it is recognized the tape but was unable to read it. This
    still allow me to format the tape.

    Roger

+ Reply to Thread