Backing up both SQL7 and SQL2000 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backing up both SQL7 and SQL2000 - Veritas Backup Exec ; Has anyone had any trouble backing up both SQL7 and SQL2000 boxes on the same backup? I have attempted to load the client tools for SQL2000 after already having the SQL7 tools loaded but I am still not seeing the ...

  1. Backing up both SQL7 and SQL2000

    Has anyone had any trouble backing up both SQL7 and SQL2000 boxes on the
    same backup? I have attempted to load the client tools for SQL2000 after
    already having the SQL7 tools loaded but I am still not seeing the SQL
    Server backup selection on the SQL2000 boxes. Anyone out there doing this
    currently and can tell me what parts and pieces they installed?

    Thanks,
    Trey

  2. Re: Backing up both SQL7 and SQL2000

    What version/build of BENT?

    "Trey Tharp" wrote:
    >Has anyone had any trouble backing up both SQL7 and SQL2000 boxes on the
    >same backup? I have attempted to load the client tools for SQL2000 after
    >already having the SQL7 tools loaded but I am still not seeing the SQL
    >Server backup selection on the SQL2000 boxes. Anyone out there doing this
    >currently and can tell me what parts and pieces they installed?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Trey

  3. Re: Backing up both SQL7 and SQL2000

    BENT v8.5 Build 3571 on Windows 2000 Adv Svr SP2

    "Ken Putnam" wrote in message

    > What version/build of BENT?
    >
    > "Trey Tharp" wrote:
    > >Has anyone had any trouble backing up both SQL7 and SQL2000 boxes on the
    > >same backup? I have attempted to load the client tools for SQL2000 after
    > >already having the SQL7 tools loaded but I am still not seeing the SQL
    > >Server backup selection on the SQL2000 boxes. Anyone out there doing this
    > >currently and can tell me what parts and pieces they installed?
    > >
    > >Thanks,
    > >Trey

  4. Re: Backing up both SQL7 and SQL2000

    Did you purchase v8.5, or upgrade from v8.0 via the free download?

    Of the latter, that's your problem. The agents in the free download only
    support SQL v7 and Exchange v5.5, not the 2000 flavors, and you'll need to
    purchase the v8.5 agent(s)

    "Trey Tharp" wrote:
    >BENT v8.5 Build 3571 on Windows 2000 Adv Svr SP2
    >
    >"Ken Putnam" wrote in message
    >>
    >> What version/build of BENT?
    >>
    >> "Trey Tharp" wrote:
    >> >Has anyone had any trouble backing up both SQL7 and SQL2000 boxes on

    the
    >> >same backup? I have attempted to load the client tools for SQL2000 after
    >> >already having the SQL7 tools loaded but I am still not seeing the SQL
    >> >Server backup selection on the SQL2000 boxes. Anyone out there doing

    this
    >> >currently and can tell me what parts and pieces they installed?
    >> >
    >> >Thanks,
    >> >Trey

  5. Re: Backing up both SQL7 and SQL2000

    Did you purchase v8.5, or upgrade from v8.0 via the free download?

    If the latter, that's your problem. The agents in the free download only

    "Trey Tharp" wrote:
    >BENT v8.5 Build 3571 on Windows 2000 Adv Svr SP2
    >
    >"Ken Putnam" wrote in message
    >>
    >> What version/build of BENT?
    >>
    >> "Trey Tharp" wrote:
    >> >Has anyone had any trouble backing up both SQL7 and SQL2000 boxes on

    the
    >> >same backup? I have attempted to load the client tools for SQL2000 after
    >> >already having the SQL7 tools loaded but I am still not seeing the SQL
    >> >Server backup selection on the SQL2000 boxes. Anyone out there doing

    this
    >> >currently and can tell me what parts and pieces they installed?
    >> >
    >> >Thanks,
    >> >Trey

+ Reply to Thread