Snap Server Backup - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Snap Server Backup - Veritas Backup Exec ; Group, I have a snap server that I'm trying to backup from a Windows2000 server running BENT ver8.50 rev3571. I've created a c$ share on my snap server with access for admins only per technote ID-237576 and verified my snap ...

  1. Snap Server Backup

    Group,

    I have a snap server that I'm trying to backup from a Windows2000 server
    running BENT ver8.50 rev3571. I've created a c$ share on my snap server
    with access for admins only per technote ID-237576 and verified my snap
    software version per technote ID-236263

    Under backup Selections, I can see my 'user defined share \\10.0.0.250\c$'
    I can see the folders in that share, but when I glick to expand or click to
    check the box I get the red X. A device-specific error has occurred.

    If anyone has any insights, I'd be forever gratefull.

    Thanks in advance,
    Jeremy Huey

  2. Re: Snap Server Backup

    I am backing up my snap servers by having ip address. I t works fine, except
    that I can only do a full back every night because the snap servers do not
    have archive bits. Try to make a user share and point it to the ip address
    and then back up through that.

    "Jeremy" wrote in message
    > Group,
    >
    > I have a snap server that I'm trying to backup from a Windows2000 server
    > running BENT ver8.50 rev3571. I've created a c$ share on my snap server
    > with access for admins only per technote ID-237576 and verified my snap
    > software version per technote ID-236263
    >
    > Under backup Selections, I can see my 'user defined share \\10.0.0.250\c$'
    > I can see the folders in that share, but when I glick to expand or click

    > check the box I get the red X. A device-specific error has occurred.
    >
    > If anyone has any insights, I'd be forever gratefull.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Jeremy Huey

+ Reply to Thread