The mailbox.pst file cannot verify - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on The mailbox.pst file cannot verify - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi anyone; I'm using Backup Exec 8.6. The report said that a client mailbox.pst is a corrupt file. This file cannot verify and it caused the backup failed. In fact the mailbox.pst file is OK. I sent an email to ...

  1. The mailbox.pst file cannot verify

    Hi anyone;
    I'm using Backup Exec 8.6.
    The report said that a client mailbox.pst is a corrupt file.
    This file cannot verify
    and it caused the backup failed.

    In fact the mailbox.pst file is OK. I sent an email to the client and received
    it. Also she got mail from everyone. He mail box is fine.

    I don't know how to fix the problem. Please give me some advise.

    Thanks in advance

    jim tran

  2. Re: The mailbox.pst file cannot verify

    You might need to use the OFO (Open File option) to back up a mailbox
    file..

    /Bo

    On 17 Jan 2002 13:34:28 -0500, "Jim Tran" wrote:

    >Hi anyone;
    >I'm using Backup Exec 8.6.
    >The report said that a client mailbox.pst is a corrupt file.
    >This file cannot verify
    >and it caused the backup failed.
    >
    >In fact the mailbox.pst file is OK. I sent an email to the client and received
    >it. Also she got mail from everyone. He mail box is fine.
    >
    >I don't know how to fix the problem. Please give me some advise.
    >
    >Thanks in advance
    >
    >jim tran

    Bo Berglund
    bo.berglund@telia.com

  3. Re: The mailbox.pst file cannot verify

    If the file was in-use when Backup Exec was running its job, and you have
    selected to back up in-use files, then you will receive such an error. I
    would ignore it.

    --
    -Rod

    "Jim Tran" wrote in message

    > Hi anyone;
    > I'm using Backup Exec 8.6.
    > The report said that a client mailbox.pst is a corrupt file.
    > This file cannot verify
    > and it caused the backup failed.
    >
    > In fact the mailbox.pst file is OK. I sent an email to the client and

    received
    > it. Also she got mail from everyone. He mail box is fine.
    >
    > I don't know how to fix the problem. Please give me some advise.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > jim tran

  4. Re: The mailbox.pst file cannot verify

    I am having similar problems. See my posting

    I received this error last night in my log. What does it mean and how do I
    get rid of it?

    .................................................. ..

    WARNING: "Bob Cai [bcai]?Top of Information Store?Deleted Items?CD/Labels
    Order Form & Info" is a corrupt file.
    This file cannot verify.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

    "Jim Tran" wrote in message

    > Hi anyone;
    > I'm using Backup Exec 8.6.
    > The report said that a client mailbox.pst is a corrupt file.
    > This file cannot verify
    > and it caused the backup failed.
    >
    > In fact the mailbox.pst file is OK. I sent an email to the client and

    received
    > it. Also she got mail from everyone. He mail box is fine.
    >
    > I don't know how to fix the problem. Please give me some advise.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > jim tran

  5. Re: The mailbox.pst file cannot verify

    Theres a registry hack to set the server not to fail jobs on corrupt files

    Open up regedt32 and go to the following..

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\Backup Exec\Engine\Backup

    There is an entry named "Fail Jobs on Corrupt files" Change its value from
    a 1 to a zero.
    This will keep the job from turning red on those pst files.

    "Jim Tran" wrote in message

    > Hi anyone;
    > I'm using Backup Exec 8.6.
    > The report said that a client mailbox.pst is a corrupt file.
    > This file cannot verify
    > and it caused the backup failed.
    >
    > In fact the mailbox.pst file is OK. I sent an email to the client and

    received
    > it. Also she got mail from everyone. He mail box is fine.
    >
    > I don't know how to fix the problem. Please give me some advise.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > jim tran

  6. Re: The mailbox.pst file cannot verify

    Refer to:
    http://support.veritas.com/docs/193940 &
    http://support.veritas.com/docs/229898

    "Jim Tran" wrote:

    >Hi anyone;
    >I'm using Backup Exec 8.6.
    >The report said that a client mailbox.pst is a corrupt file.
    >This file cannot verify
    >and it caused the backup failed.
    >
    >In fact the mailbox.pst file is OK. I sent an email to the client and received
    >it. Also she got mail from everyone. He mail box is fine.
    >
    >I don't know how to fix the problem. Please give me some advise.
    >
    >Thanks in advance
    >
    >jim tran

+ Reply to Thread