device paused/device offline - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on device paused/device offline - Veritas Backup Exec ; My backup is failing. When I go into the job monitor tab: job status is: device paused. When I look at the devices tab I see: Quantum 0 (mike1_bdc)offline. The stand alone drives below say the same thing. I tried ...

  1. device paused/device offline

    My backup is failing. When I go into the job monitor tab: job status is: device
    paused. When I look at the devices tab I see: Quantum 0 (mike1_bdc)offline.
    The stand alone drives below say the same thing. I tried turning off the
    device and re-booting the bdc server but it stays the same. Is this a tape
    problem or maybe the driver is not loaded properly. The assistant menu for
    backup exec, under there option confirm backup device availability: it shows
    the device. In control panel under tape devices, it shows the device driver.
    Is there a possible second driver that is missing or is there a service not
    started outside of the backup exec services that needs to be running. Please,
    some help. Thanks

  2. Re: device paused/device offline

    try:

    right click quantum device... properties.
    go to configuration tab
    untick "enable device for backupexec"
    ok
    right click quantum... delete.
    then repeat with device above quantum (such as HP5)

    reboot server.

    tools.... device configuration wizard...
    make sure quantum is listed under autoloader/robtic library section.
    stop and restart all backupexec services.

    "Mike Beeler" wrote in message

    > My backup is failing. When I go into the job monitor tab: job status is:

    device
    > paused. When I look at the devices tab I see: Quantum 0

    (mike1_bdc)offline.
    > The stand alone drives below say the same thing. I tried turning off the
    > device and re-booting the bdc server but it stays the same. Is this a tape
    > problem or maybe the driver is not loaded properly. The assistant menu for
    > backup exec, under there option confirm backup device availability: it

    shows
    > the device. In control panel under tape devices, it shows the device

    driver.
    > Is there a possible second driver that is missing or is there a service

    not
    > started outside of the backup exec services that needs to be running.

    Please,
    > some help. Thanks

+ Reply to Thread