continuously queued - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on continuously queued - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi My backups (be 8.6n nt4 server) have suddenly stopped and are always queued. Even if I select the job and choose Run Now it just gets queued, I have changed tapes but no different. Any help appreciated Andy Dyble...

  1. continuously queued

    Hi

    My backups (be 8.6n nt4 server) have suddenly stopped and are always queued.
    Even if I select the job and choose Run Now it just gets queued, I have
    changed tapes but no different.

    Any help appreciated

    Andy Dyble

  2. Re: continuously queued

    On Mon, 14 Jan 2002 20:22:45 -0000, "Andy Dyble"
    wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >My backups (be 8.6n nt4 server) have suddenly stopped and are always queued.
    >Even if I select the job and choose Run Now it just gets queued, I have
    >changed tapes but no different.
    >
    >Any help appreciated
    >
    >Andy Dyble

    I had the same on BENT 7.3 once, the solution was to stop and restart
    the BackupExec service. After that all went OK again.
    /Bo

    Bo Berglund
    bo.berglund@telia.com

  3. Re: continuously queued

    Thanks

    Just tried that and deleted all other jobs from activity monitor, still does
    the same.
    I am not getting any alerts though.

    Andy

    Bo Berglund wrote in message
    > On Mon, 14 Jan 2002 20:22:45 -0000, "Andy Dyble"
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Hi
    > >
    > >My backups (be 8.6n nt4 server) have suddenly stopped and are always

    queued.
    > >Even if I select the job and choose Run Now it just gets queued, I have
    > >changed tapes but no different.
    > >
    > >Any help appreciated
    > >
    > >Andy Dyble
    > >

    > I had the same on BENT 7.3 once, the solution was to stop and restart
    > the BackupExec service. After that all went OK again.
    > /Bo
    >
    > Bo Berglund
    > bo.berglund@telia.com

  4. Re: continuously queued

    More info.

    I hadn't noticed that in Devices all my tapes are Bad Media, which I'm sure
    they aren't. I have re-installed Tape drivers, cleaned the drive etc.
    Maybe the drive is knackered ?

    ANdy

    "andy DYBLE" wrote in message
    > Thanks
    >
    > Just tried that and deleted all other jobs from activity monitor, still

    does
    > the same.
    > I am not getting any alerts though.
    >
    > Andy
    >
    > Bo Berglund wrote in message
    > > On Mon, 14 Jan 2002 20:22:45 -0000, "Andy Dyble"
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > > >Hi
    > > >
    > > >My backups (be 8.6n nt4 server) have suddenly stopped and are always

    > queued.
    > > >Even if I select the job and choose Run Now it just gets queued, I have
    > > >changed tapes but no different.
    > > >
    > > >Any help appreciated
    > > >
    > > >Andy Dyble
    > > >

    > > I had the same on BENT 7.3 once, the solution was to stop and restart
    > > the BackupExec service. After that all went OK again.
    > > /Bo
    > >
    > > Bo Berglund
    > > bo.berglund@telia.com

  5. Re: continuously queued

    Generally, once BENT thinks a tape volume is bad, the only thing you can do is
    re-label it. (And that may or may not result in a usable tape) You cannot
    retreive anything that may have been written to it before.

    Does NTBackup accept the tapes?

    Andy Dyble wrote:

    > More info.
    >
    > I hadn't noticed that in Devices all my tapes are Bad Media, which I'm sure
    > they aren't. I have re-installed Tape drivers, cleaned the drive etc.
    > Maybe the drive is knackered ?
    >
    > ANdy
    >
    > "andy DYBLE" wrote in message
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > Just tried that and deleted all other jobs from activity monitor, still

    > does
    > > the same.
    > > I am not getting any alerts though.
    > >
    > > Andy
    > >
    > > Bo Berglund wrote in message

    > > queued.

    > > > I had the same on BENT 7.3 once, the solution was to stop and restart
    > > > the BackupExec service. After that all went OK again.
    > > > /Bo
    > > >
    > > > Bo Berglund
    > > > bo.berglund@telia.com

  6. Re: continuously queued

    Hi Andy

    Check the SCSI Controller Firmware and Drivers update if necessary.

    \Johna

    "Andy Dyble" wrote in message
    > More info.
    >
    > I hadn't noticed that in Devices all my tapes are Bad Media, which I'm

    sure
    > they aren't. I have re-installed Tape drivers, cleaned the drive etc.
    > Maybe the drive is knackered ?
    >
    > ANdy
    >
    > "andy DYBLE" wrote in message
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > Just tried that and deleted all other jobs from activity monitor, still

    > does
    > > the same.
    > > I am not getting any alerts though.
    > >
    > > Andy
    > >
    > > Bo Berglund wrote in message

    > > queued.

    have

    > > > I had the same on BENT 7.3 once, the solution was to stop and restart
    > > > the BackupExec service. After that all went OK again.
    > > > /Bo
    > > >
    > > > Bo Berglund
    > > > bo.berglund@telia.com

  7. Re: continuously queued

    This specific situatio occured tome more than once at some of my clients.
    In those times, i found the server paused in the MEDIA tab on the bottom.
    And just by right-clicking my server and removing the PAUSED checkmark, it
    solved the problem. Don't ask me why, it just works.

    Take care,

    Simon-Emile

    Ken Putnam wrote:
    >Generally, once BENT thinks a tape volume is bad, the only thing you can

    do is
    >re-label it. (And that may or may not result in a usable tape) You cannot
    >retreive anything that may have been written to it before.
    >
    >Does NTBackup accept the tapes?
    >

    >Andy Dyble wrote:
    >
    >> More info.
    >>
    >> I hadn't noticed that in Devices all my tapes are Bad Media, which I'm

    sure
    >> they aren't. I have re-installed Tape drivers, cleaned the drive etc.
    >> Maybe the drive is knackered ?
    >>
    >> ANdy
    >>
    >> "andy DYBLE" wrote in message
    >> > Thanks
    >> >
    >> > Just tried that and deleted all other jobs from activity monitor, still

    >> does
    >> > the same.
    >> > I am not getting any alerts though.
    >> >
    >> > Andy