An unknown error occurred on device "%". - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on An unknown error occurred on device "%". - Veritas Backup Exec ; Our backup failed this morning due to 'An unknown error occurred on device "Seagate 1".^ ^ ^ ^ ^' does anyone know the error? do I need a cleaning tape to correct the problem? Regards Steve...

  1. An unknown error occurred on device "%".

    Our backup failed this morning due to 'An unknown error occurred on device
    "Seagate 1".^ ^ ^ ^ ^' does anyone know the error?

    do I need a cleaning tape to correct the problem?

    Regards

    Steve

  2. Re: An unknown error occurred on device "%".

    I'm having the same exact problem with 8.5 and Win2k. The backup successfully
    goes through some remote drives, then the 'C' drive and then consistently
    fails on the 'D' drive with the error "An unknown error occurred on device
    '%'".

    The only thing that has cured it so far is doing a reboot, but this only
    lasts a few days.

    I still can't find anything in the knowledge base about this and no one seems
    to have an answer on this board.

    Has anyone found a solution for this?

    Thanks,
    Ryan

    "steve O" wrote:

    >Our backup failed this morning due to 'An unknown error occurred on device
    >"Seagate 1".^ ^ ^ ^ ^' does anyone know the error?
    >
    >do I need a cleaning tape to correct the problem?
    >
    >Regards
    >
    >Steve

+ Reply to Thread