Application System not responding and Physical Volume Library database lost - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Application System not responding and Physical Volume Library database lost - Veritas Backup Exec ; I'm running 7.3 on NT 4.0. I have just taken over the backups for a company. I cannot get into Backup Exec. When I try to open backup exec, the logon screen pops up. It will not take accept my ...

  1. Application System not responding and Physical Volume Library database lost

    I'm running 7.3 on NT 4.0. I have just taken over the backups for
    a company. I cannot get into Backup Exec. When I try to open backup exec,
    the logon screen pops up. It will not take accept my userid, password. This
    is the first time this has happened.
    The message I get is: Physcial Volume Library Database connection has been
    lost, check your network connection to the backup exec database server. The
    I go to services , there are four services not started. Agent browser, alert
    server,job engine and server. When I try to start browser, job engine and
    server the error msg: Could not start the backup exec agent browser service
    on \\corp1_bdc. Error 1068/The dependency service or group failed to start.
    The alert server msg error: Error 1069 the service did not start due to logon
    failure. HELP HELP HELP PLEASE PLEASE.

  2. Re: Application System not responding and Physical Volume Librarydatabase lost

    From Control Panel/Services, find out what userid the services are trying to
    start under (they should all be the same)
    Re enter the password there. Re-enter the password in User Manager also if you
    don't know the current password

    Mike Beeler wrote:

    > I'm running 7.3 on NT 4.0. I have just taken over the backups for
    > a company. I cannot get into Backup Exec. When I try to open backup exec,
    > the logon screen pops up. It will not take accept my userid, password. This
    > is the first time this has happened.
    > The message I get is: Physcial Volume Library Database connection has been
    > lost, check your network connection to the backup exec database server. The
    > I go to services , there are four services not started. Agent browser, alert
    > server,job engine and server. When I try to start browser, job engine and
    > server the error msg: Could not start the backup exec agent browser service
    > on \\corp1_bdc. Error 1068/The dependency service or group failed to start.
    > The alert server msg error: Error 1069 the service did not start due to logon
    > failure. HELP HELP HELP PLEASE PLEASE.

  3. Re: Application System not responding and Physical Volume Library database lost

    Hello,

    I have exactly the same problem, any idea ?

    Thanks a lot,

    Olivier.

    "Mike Beeler" wrote:

    >I'm running 7.3 on NT 4.0. I have just taken over the backups for
    >a company. I cannot get into Backup Exec. When I try to open backup exec,
    >the logon screen pops up. It will not take accept my userid, password. This
    >is the first time this has happened.
    >The message I get is: Physcial Volume Library Database connection has been
    >lost, check your network connection to the backup exec database server.

    The
    >I go to services , there are four services not started. Agent browser, alert
    >server,job engine and server. When I try to start browser, job engine and
    >server the error msg: Could not start the backup exec agent browser service
    >on \\corp1_bdc. Error 1068/The dependency service or group failed to start.
    >The alert server msg error: Error 1069 the service did not start due to

    logon
    >failure. HELP HELP HELP PLEASE PLEASE.

  4. Re: Application System not responding and Physical Volume Library database lost

    Check the properties of the BENT services, check the user-id and re-enter
    the password

    "Olivier Riesen" wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I have exactly the same problem, any idea ?
    >
    >Thanks a lot,
    >
    >Olivier.
    >

    >"Mike Beeler" wrote:
    >>
    >>I'm running 7.3 on NT 4.0. I have just taken over the backups for
    >>a company. I cannot get into Backup Exec. When I try to open backup exec,
    >>the logon screen pops up. It will not take accept my userid, password.

    This
    >>is the first time this has happened.
    >>The message I get is: Physcial Volume Library Database connection has been
    >>lost, check your network connection to the backup exec database server.

    >The
    >>I go to services , there are four services not started. Agent browser,

    alert
    >>server,job engine and server. When I try to start browser, job engine and
    >>server the error msg: Could not start the backup exec agent browser service
    >>on \\corp1_bdc. Error 1068/The dependency service or group failed to start.
    >>The alert server msg error: Error 1069 the service did not start due to

    >logon
    >>failure. HELP HELP HELP PLEASE PLEASE.

+ Reply to Thread