virus update not working. - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on virus update not working. - Veritas Backup Exec ; The update always bombs at 30% and the job log shows "Unable to locate virus update file at the specified FTP directory. Virus Update canceled." Anyone knowwhat is going on? Thanks....

  1. virus update not working.

    The update always bombs at 30% and the job log shows "Unable to locate virus
    update file at the specified FTP directory. Virus Update canceled."

    Anyone knowwhat is going on? Thanks.

  2. Re: virus update not working.

    Forget to tell: Backup Exec 8.60 for Win2k server.

    "Steve Watts" wrote:

    >The update always bombs at 30% and the job log shows "Unable to locate virus
    >update file at the specified FTP directory. Virus Update canceled."
    >
    >Anyone knowwhat is going on? Thanks.

  3. Re: virus update not working.

    Follow this link to item 29115 in this newsgroup:

    http://veritas.resultspage.com/searc...s=php&ed=BEWNT

    "Steve Watts" wrote:

    >The update always bombs at 30% and the job log shows "Unable to locate virus
    >update file at the specified FTP directory. Virus Update canceled."
    >
    >Anyone knowwhat is going on? Thanks.

  4. Re: virus update not working.

    Are your ports 20 ftp data and 21 ftp completely closed. Check your
    firewall. You can manually open them to test for connectivity. If you can
    connect after opening the ports now you know what you have to correct for
    the update.

    "John Rigali" wrote in message

    > Follow this link to item 29115 in this newsgroup:

    http://veritas.resultspage.com/searc...w=%22unable%20
    to%20locate%20virus%20update%20file%22&url=http%3a%2f%2fnews%2esupport%2ever
    itas%2ecom%2fdnewsweb%2eexe%3fcmd%3darticle%26grou p%3dveritas%2ebackupexec%2
    ewindowsnt%2eenglish%26item%3d29115%26utag%3d&rk=2&uid=1027537885&sid=4&ts=p
    hp&ed=BEWNT

    > "Steve Watts" wrote:
    > >
    > >The update always bombs at 30% and the job log shows "Unable to locate

    virus
    > >update file at the specified FTP directory. Virus Update canceled."
    > >
    > >Anyone knowwhat is going on? Thanks.

  5. Re: virus update not working.

    Possible firewall blocking FTP return data stream. Check out:

    http://www.microsoft.com/isaserver/t...nginternet.asp

    Q. I have installed Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2000
    and enabled Protocol Rules for HTTP and FTP. However, when I try to use the
    command-line FTP client and the Web browser on the computer running ISA Server,
    they do not work. What can I do to allow FTP and HTTP access from the computer
    running ISA Server?

    A. In general, if you want to enable Internet access for services and applications
    on the computer running ISA Server, you must create packet filters. Make
    sure the computer is not configured as a SecureNAT or firewall client. Configure
    the packet filters to allow outbound access to the protocols required by
    the services and applications on the computer running ISA Server.

    For example, if you need outbound access to external FTP servers from the
    computer running ISA Server, you can create two packet filters:

    FTP Client OUT (Filter 1 of 2)
    Protocol = TCP
    Direction = Outbound
    Local Port = Dynamic
    Remote Port = 21

    FTP Client IN (Filter 2 of 2)
    Protocol = TCP
    Direction = Inbound
    Local Port = Any
    Remote Port = 20

    "Steve Watts" wrote:

    >The update always bombs at 30% and the job log shows "Unable to locate virus
    >update file at the specified FTP directory. Virus Update canceled."
    >
    >Anyone knowwhat is going on? Thanks.

  6. Re: virus update not working.

    "Steve Watts" wrote:

    >The update always bombs at 30% and the job log shows "Unable to locate virus
    >update file at the specified FTP directory. Virus Update canceled."
    >
    >Anyone knowwhat is going on? Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread