Hi,

Recently I got "promoted" to network admin, so please bear with me.

I am running Backup Exec Version 7.3 Rev. 2575. I recently encountered
an error that said the media was overwrite protected. We are currently
using two separate drives to backup a project server and an exchange
server. This error occured on both drives last night. The media is set
to overwrite after seven days but I don't know if that could be messing
it up. This doesn't happen all time, so I really don't know what to do.

I also had the backup on both drives "fail" when I ran a monthly
backup. It looks like they failed before the verify started, but I
can't tell for sure.

Any ideas why these backups aren't running or how I can fix them.

Thanks,
Shawn