WARNING in Exchange mailbox Backup, xxx is a corrupt file. - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on WARNING in Exchange mailbox Backup, xxx is a corrupt file. - Veritas Backup Exec ; MS Exchange Server 2000 BENT Version 8.50 Rev 3571 IN LOG WE HAVE Backup started on 05.12.2001 at 0:16:01 . WARNING: "Black Smith [black]?Top of Information Store?Sent Items?FW: Copy of invoice" is a corrupt file. This file cannot verify. ^ ...

  1. WARNING in Exchange mailbox Backup, xxx is a corrupt file.

    MS Exchange Server 2000
    BENT Version 8.50 Rev 3571
    IN LOG WE HAVE
    Backup started on 05.12.2001 at 0:16:01 .
    WARNING: "Black Smith [black]?Top of Information Store?Sent Items?FW: Copy
    of invoice" is a corrupt file.
    This file cannot verify.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    BUT THIS MAIL IS OK AND THIS ATTACHMENT CAN BE OPEN WITH
    OUTLOOK
    WHAT IS WRONG?

  2. Re: WARNING in Exchange mailbox Backup, xxx is a corrupt file.

    well, that is a quite common behaviour of BE. You backup the mailboxes
    themselves. This is something you shouldn't do.

    I did and it corrupted my Exchange database. have a look in the
    newsgroups posts, and check for mailbox backup. There are plenty of
    issues and btw. MS doesn't recommend doing it.

    Toivo Kiisk wrote:

    > MS Exchange Server 2000
    > BENT Version 8.50 Rev 3571
    > IN LOG WE HAVE
    > Backup started on 05.12.2001 at 0:16:01 .
    > WARNING: "Black Smith [black]?Top of Information Store?Sent Items?FW: Copy
    > of invoice" is a corrupt file.
    > This file cannot verify.
    > ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    > BUT THIS MAIL IS OK AND THIS ATTACHMENT CAN BE OPEN WITH
    > OUTLOOK
    > WHAT IS WRONG?

+ Reply to Thread