Evaluation Copy question - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Evaluation Copy question - Veritas Backup Exec ; My evaluation copy of BE 8.6 it's almost expired, if I buy the software, can I update to a licensed copy without reinstalling and losing the actual configuration and jobs? Thanks in advance Josué...

  1. Evaluation Copy question

    My evaluation copy of BE 8.6 it's almost expired, if I buy the software, can
    I update to a licensed copy without reinstalling and losing the actual
    configuration and jobs?

    Thanks in advance
    Josué

  2. Re: Evaluation Copy question

    Yes. Just re-run setup til you get to the serials screen, enter any that you
    have purchased, then cancel out

    Josue wrote:

    > My evaluation copy of BE 8.6 it's almost expired, if I buy the software, can
    > I update to a licensed copy without reinstalling and losing the actual
    > configuration and jobs?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > Josué

  3. Re: Evaluation Copy question

    Thanks for this post. Fixed my problem, even though I wasn't the original
    poster.

    MRF

    Ken Putnam wrote:
    >Yes. Just re-run setup til you get to the serials screen, enter any that

    you
    >have purchased, then cancel out
    >
    >Josue wrote:
    >
    >> My evaluation copy of BE 8.6 it's almost expired, if I buy the software,

    can
    >> I update to a licensed copy without reinstalling and losing the actual
    >> configuration and jobs?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance
    >> Josué

+ Reply to Thread