Connection with server failed. Hit F5 etc. - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Connection with server failed. Hit F5 etc. - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am running veritas exec 8.5 on a Win NT 4.0 Platform. After installing IIS, an odbc conflict happened, after replacing the guilty odbc files to the same version, Veritas keeps asking you to connect to the server in which ...

  1. Connection with server failed. Hit F5 etc.

    I am running veritas exec 8.5 on a Win NT 4.0 Platform.
    After installing IIS, an odbc conflict happened, after replacing the guilty
    odbc files to the same version, Veritas keeps asking you to connect to the
    server in which it is running. The Select Item to Back up window comes up
    and a Connection with server failed error shows up in the left hand pane.
    Backup Exc 8.x Agent Browser, Backup exec 8.x Job Engine, and Backup Exec
    8.x Server are not running, setup for Automatic, when forced still will not
    start. Has anyone experienced this problem, PLEASE, PLEASE HELP!!!

  2. Re: HELP, PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE SOMEONE

    "Harry Potter" C. wrote:

    >I am running veritas exec 8.5 on a Win NT 4.0 Platform.
    >After installing IIS, an odbc conflict happened, after replacing the guilty
    >odbc files to the same version, Veritas keeps asking you to connect to the
    >server in which it is running. The Select Item to Back up window comes

    up
    >and a Connection with server failed error shows up in the left hand pane.
    > Backup Exc 8.x Agent Browser, Backup exec 8.x Job Engine, and Backup Exec
    >8.x Server are not running, setup for Automatic, when forced still will

    not
    >start. Has anyone experienced this problem, PLEASE, PLEASE HELP!!!

+ Reply to Thread