Backing Up Exchange 2000 Server In Domain - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backing Up Exchange 2000 Server In Domain - Veritas Backup Exec ; Could someone give me any advice on backing up exchange 2000. When trying to backup the exchnage box I get an unable to attach error \\information store\blah blah blag, the item was not found. The user has both exchange admin ...

  1. Backing Up Exchange 2000 Server In Domain

    Could someone give me any advice on backing up exchange 2000. When trying
    to backup the exchnage box I get an unable to attach error \\information
    store\blah blah blag, the item was not found. The user has both exchange
    admin rights and admin rights to the local server. I have read all of the
    documents relating to this and none have solved my problem.

    A Worried Man

    Thnaks Dean

  2. Re: Backing Up Exchange 2000 Server In Domain

    I have the same problem. Veritas has a fix for this in file BNT85sysfix_241433.exe.
    However, when I try to download it, I always get a message stating that it
    is unavailable. See TechFile ID 241433 for all the details. Let me know if
    you are able to download it.

    "Dean England" wrote:
    >Could someone give me any advice on backing up exchange 2000. When trying
    >to backup the exchnage box I get an unable to attach error \\information
    >store\blah blah blag, the item was not found. The user has both exchange
    >admin rights and admin rights to the local server. I have read all of the
    >documents relating to this and none have solved my problem.
    >
    >A Worried Man
    >
    >Thnaks Dean

  3. Re: Backing Up Exchange 2000 Server In Domain

    Do you have the Exchange Administration Tools installed on the backup
    server? They are required.

    "Dean England" wrote in message

    > Could someone give me any advice on backing up exchange 2000. When trying
    > to backup the exchnage box I get an unable to attach error \\information
    > store\blah blah blag, the item was not found. The user has both exchange
    > admin rights and admin rights to the local server. I have read all of the
    > documents relating to this and none have solved my problem.
    >
    > A Worried Man
    >
    > Thnaks Dean

  4. Re: Backing Up Exchange 2000 Server In Domain

    I have the exchange tools on the system and can manage the exchange services
    using the account that I wish to use to backup Im going to check the patch
    to see if it's relevant to versions Im running Backupserv v8.6 and exchange
    agent 8.5

    Thanks For The Help

    "Craig Fels" wrote:
    >Do you have the Exchange Administration Tools installed on the backup
    >server? They are required.
    >

    >"Dean England" wrote in message
    >>
    >> Could someone give me any advice on backing up exchange 2000. When trying
    >> to backup the exchnage box I get an unable to attach error \\information
    >> store\blah blah blag, the item was not found. The user has both exchange
    >> admin rights and admin rights to the local server. I have read all of

    the
    >> documents relating to this and none have solved my problem.
    >>
    >> A Worried Man
    >>
    >> Thnaks Dean

  5. Re: Backing Up Exchange 2000 Server In Domain

    Ah... you probably shouldn't mix 8.6 server with 8.5 agent.

    Thanks Veritas for this "dot" upgrade!

    > I have the exchange tools on the system and can manage the exchange

    services
    > using the account that I wish to use to backup Im going to check the patch
    > to see if it's relevant to versions Im running Backupserv v8.6 and

    exchange
    > agent 8.5
    >
    > Thanks For The Help
    >
    > "Craig Fels" wrote:
    > >Do you have the Exchange Administration Tools installed on the backup
    > >server? They are required.
    > >

    > >"Dean England" wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> Could someone give me any advice on backing up exchange 2000. When

    trying
    > >> to backup the exchnage box I get an unable to attach error

    \\information
    > >> store\blah blah blag, the item was not found. The user has both

    exchange
    > >> admin rights and admin rights to the local server. I have read all of

    > the
    > >> documents relating to this and none have solved my problem.
    > >>
    > >> A Worried Man
    > >>
    > >> Thnaks Dean

  6. Re: Backing Up Exchange 2000 Server In Domain

    hmm not sure on this one, Veritas Support said it would work no probs.

    "Craig Fels" wrote:
    >Ah... you probably shouldn't mix 8.6 server with 8.5 agent.
    >
    >Thanks Veritas for this "dot" upgrade!
    >
    >"Dean England" wrote in message
    >>
    >> I have the exchange tools on the system and can manage the exchange

    >services
    >> using the account that I wish to use to backup Im going to check the patch
    >> to see if it's relevant to versions Im running Backupserv v8.6 and

    >exchange
    >> agent 8.5
    >>
    >> Thanks For The Help
    >>
    >> "Craig Fels" wrote:
    >> >Do you have the Exchange Administration Tools installed on the backup
    >> >server? They are required.
    >> >

    >> >"Dean England" wrote in message

    >trying

    >\\information

    >exchange

    of
    >> the

  7. Re: Backing Up Exchange 2000 Server In Domain

    Oops, sorry. The Exchange agent isn't actually installed on the Exchange
    box, its simply a key that unlocks that feature on the backup server.
    Please ignore this oversite.

    > hmm not sure on this one, Veritas Support said it would work no probs.
    >
    > "Craig Fels" wrote:
    > >Ah... you probably shouldn't mix 8.6 server with 8.5 agent.
    > >
    > >Thanks Veritas for this "dot" upgrade!
    > >
    > >"Dean England" wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> I have the exchange tools on the system and can manage the exchange

    > >services
    > >> using the account that I wish to use to backup Im going to check the

    patch
    > >> to see if it's relevant to versions Im running Backupserv v8.6 and

    > >exchange
    > >> agent 8.5
    > >>
    > >> Thanks For The Help

    > >trying