Backup Exec Error: 32770 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup Exec Error: 32770 - Veritas Backup Exec ; I get the following error in Windows 2000 Event Viewer: Event Type: Error Event Source: Backup Exec Event Category: None Event ID: 32770 Date: 11/30/2001 Time: 9:35:08 AM User: N/A Computer: SERVER Description: A service specific error has occurred. Backup ...

  1. Backup Exec Error: 32770

    I get the following error in Windows 2000 Event Viewer:

    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Backup Exec
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 32770
    Date: 11/30/2001
    Time: 9:35:08 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: SERVER
    A service specific error has occurred.
    Backup Exec error: 6 SetServiceStatus

    My backup has not run since Wednesday, November 27. This is the only error
    in the event logs that references Backup Exec. However, my server does not
    respond after the backup tries to execute, but there are no errors reported.
    I usually need to reboot the server to access the desktop. I'm running
    v8.0, build 3315. I'm going to update to v8.5. Hopefully, that will resolve
    the backup problem. Has anyone seen the above error? What causes the error?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Backup Exec Error: 32770

    Hi,

    I have BE 8.6 Build 3878, and the same !!

    any help would be apreciated...

    thanks & rgds,

    Olivier Girard

    "Brian" wrote:

    >I get the following error in Windows 2000 Event Viewer:
    >
    >Event Type: Error
    >Event Source: Backup Exec
    >Event Category: None
    >Event ID: 32770
    >Date: 11/30/2001
    >Time: 9:35:08 AM
    >User: N/A
    >Computer: SERVER
    >A service specific error has occurred.
    >Backup Exec error: 6 SetServiceStatus
    >
    >My backup has not run since Wednesday, November 27. This is the only error
    >in the event logs that references Backup Exec. However, my server does

    not
    >respond after the backup tries to execute, but there are no errors reported.
    > I usually need to reboot the server to access the desktop. I'm running
    >v8.0, build 3315. I'm going to update to v8.5. Hopefully, that will resolve
    >the backup problem. Has anyone seen the above error? What causes the error?
    >
    >Thanks

+ Reply to Thread