Tape unit failure at remote site. - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Tape unit failure at remote site. - Veritas Backup Exec ; To all, I am running Backupexec 8.5 I have a location were backups stop working in the event viewer on a server running NT4.0 I am getting an error that say's "THE device\device\tape0, has a bad block" I have replace ...

  1. Tape unit failure at remote site.

    To all,

    I am running Backupexec 8.5 I have a location were backups stop working
    in the event viewer on a server running NT4.0 I am getting an error that
    say's "THE device\device\tape0, has a bad block" I have replace all the tapes,
    reinstalled backupexec 8.5. I was wondering is this a hardware error? Pleas
    advise

    Thanks,
    Joe

  2. Re: Tape unit failure at remote site.

    I and others in this group are having the same problem. I'm using a Travan
    TR5 drive IBM has replaced it once and are getting ready to replace it
    again. It definately looks like a hardware problem to me, but the first
    tape drive replacement didn't work. This time they are also going to
    replace the SCSI cable. What a pain!

    John

    "Joe Burns" wrote in message

    > To all,
    >
    > I am running Backupexec 8.5 I have a location were backups stop working
    > in the event viewer on a server running NT4.0 I am getting an error that
    > say's "THE device\device\tape0, has a bad block" I have replace all the

    tapes,
    > reinstalled backupexec 8.5. I was wondering is this a hardware error?

    Pleas
    > advise
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Joe