Scheduled Daily backup. How do I skip certain Days ? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Scheduled Daily backup. How do I skip certain Days ? - Veritas Backup Exec ; When you have a daily backup scheduled for every weekday night, what is the easiest way to skip certain days such as Thursday and Friday for thanksgiving. I eject the tape after backup completes and will not be there to ...

  1. Scheduled Daily backup. How do I skip certain Days ?

    When you have a daily backup scheduled for every weekday night, what is the
    easiest way to skip certain days such as Thursday and Friday for
    thanksgiving. I eject the tape after backup completes and will not be there
    to switch tapes again until Monday.

    Thank you,
    John E. Crouse

  2. Re: Scheduled Daily backup. How do I skip certain Days ?

    From the Schedule Options tab, click the Advanced Scheduling Options button.

    The Schedule dialog box appears.

    Find "Exclude Dates"

    "John E. Crouse" wrote:

    > When you have a daily backup scheduled for every weekday night, what is the
    > easiest way to skip certain days such as Thursday and Friday for
    > thanksgiving. I eject the tape after backup completes and will not be there
    > to switch tapes again until Monday.
    >
    > Thank you,
    > John E. Crouse

  3. Re: Scheduled Daily backup. How do I skip certain Days ?

    I have been having the same problem. When I open the Schedule
    Options tab I do not have an Advanced Scheduling Option button.

    Ken Putnam wrote:
    >From the Schedule Options tab, click the Advanced Scheduling Options button.
    >
    >The Schedule dialog box appears.
    >
    >Find "Exclude Dates"
    >
    >"John E. Crouse" wrote:
    >
    >> When you have a daily backup scheduled for every weekday night, what is

    the
    >> easiest way to skip certain days such as Thursday and Friday for
    >> thanksgiving. I eject the tape after backup completes and will not be

    there
    >> to switch tapes again until Monday.
    >>
    >> Thank you,
    >> John E. Crouse

  4. Re: Scheduled Daily backup. How do I skip certain Days ?

    What version of BENT are you using?

    On BENT v8.x it's in Schedule Options, on the left hand side in the Repeat
    Interval section, the bottom option. When you select that option, it'll
    automatically open the Advanced Scheduling Option window.

    "Sherri Turner" wrote in message

    > I have been having the same problem. When I open the Schedule
    > Options tab I do not have an Advanced Scheduling Option button.
    >

    > Ken Putnam wrote:
    > >From the Schedule Options tab, click the Advanced Scheduling Options

    button.

    > >The Schedule dialog box appears.
    > >
    > >Find "Exclude Dates"
    > >
    > >"John E. Crouse" wrote:
    > >
    > >> When you have a daily backup scheduled for every weekday night, what is

    > the
    > >> easiest way to skip certain days such as Thursday and Friday for
    > >> thanksgiving. I eject the tape after backup completes and will not be

    > there
    > >> to switch tapes again until Monday.
    > >>
    > >> Thank you,
    > >> John E. Crouse