"Access denied to directory ?" when backing up Exchange Mailboxes? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on "Access denied to directory ?" when backing up Exchange Mailboxes? - Veritas Backup Exec ; The status for my backup jobs are "Failed". I noticed the following error message in by backup log. The backup is being run on the same server Exchange resides on, no remote work being done. I found TechNote ID 192056 ...

  1. "Access denied to directory ?" when backing up Exchange Mailboxes?

    The status for my backup jobs are "Failed". I noticed the following error
    message in by backup log. The backup is being run on the same server
    Exchange resides on, no remote work being done. I found TechNote ID 192056
    on the Veritas Knowledgebase, but it relates to version 7.2 and said the
    problem was fixed with 7.3. Any suggestions or help would be greatly
    appreciated! Thanks!

    Jason

    Media Name: "BullwinkleDaily"
    Backup of "\\BULLWINKLE\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes "
    Backup set #3 on storage media #1
    Backup set description: "BullwinkleDaily"
    Backup Type: FULL - Back Up Files - Reset Archive Bit
    Backup started on 11/7/01 at 11:02:05 PM.
    Access denied to directory ?.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

    Backup completed on 11/7/01 at 11:02:09 PM.
    Processed 0 bytes in 4 seconds.
    Throughput rate: 0.0 MB/min

  2. Re: "Access denied to directory ?" when backing up Exchange Mailboxes?

    "Jason Clements" wrote:
    >The status for my backup jobs are "Failed". I noticed the following error
    >message in by backup log. The backup is being run on the same server
    >Exchange resides on, no remote work being done. I found TechNote ID 192056
    >on the Veritas Knowledgebase, but it relates to version 7.2 and said the
    >problem was fixed with 7.3. Any suggestions or help would be greatly
    >appreciated! Thanks!
    >
    >Jason
    >

    >Media Name: "BullwinkleDaily"
    >Backup of "\\BULLWINKLE\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes "
    >Backup set #3 on storage media #1
    >Backup set description: "BullwinkleDaily"
    >Backup Type: FULL - Back Up Files - Reset Archive Bit
    >Backup started on 11/7/01 at 11:02:05 PM.
    >Access denied to directory ?.
    >^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >
    >Backup completed on 11/7/01 at 11:02:09 PM.
    >Processed 0 bytes in 4 seconds.
    >Throughput rate: 0.0 MB/min

    I've got the exact same error with version 8.5. Anybody have an idea why
    this is happening?

+ Reply to Thread