no appendable media - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on no appendable media - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am running Version 8.5 with a 14 tape autoloader with 2 drives and using DLT type IV tapes. Media properties are defined as 1 week overwrite protection and infinite append. Backups are configured to append and terminate if no ...

  1. no appendable media

    I am running Version 8.5 with a 14 tape autoloader with 2 drives and using
    DLT type IV tapes. Media properties are defined as 1 week overwrite protection
    and infinite append. Backups are configured to append and terminate if no
    appendable media is available.

    After about 4 days and only 96,213,260 bytes backed up, all jobs fail due
    to no appendable media. ??WHY??

  2. Re: no appendable media

    To be appendable, the tape must containg at least one active backup set.
    if the rest of your tapes are new or newly labeled, they are not appendable.

    Verify that retention on your media set(s) is correct, then change the job
    to "Append, then Overwrite"

    "Edward Moylum" wrote:

    >I am running Version 8.5 with a 14 tape autoloader with 2 drives and using
    >DLT type IV tapes. Media properties are defined as 1 week overwrite protection
    >and infinite append. Backups are configured to append and terminate if

    no
    >appendable media is available.
    >
    >After about 4 days and only 96,213,260 bytes backed up, all jobs fail due
    >to no appendable media. ??WHY??

+ Reply to Thread