BENT8.6 Exchange 5.5 slow throughput mailboxs - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BENT8.6 Exchange 5.5 slow throughput mailboxs - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello We have very slow backups of MS Exchange Mailboxes with throughput down to around 10MB/min and backup time around 25 hours and we don't know why. (The throughput rate for MS Information Store is more than 70MB/min). I tried ...

  1. BENT8.6 Exchange 5.5 slow throughput mailboxs

    Hello

    We have very slow backups of MS Exchange Mailboxes with throughput down to
    around 10MB/min and backup time around 25 hours and we don't know why. (The
    throughput rate for MS Information Store is more than 70MB/min).
    I tried to reinstalled the agent but we have the same problem.
    We use bent 8.6 on winnt4 PDC sp5 and remote agent bent on the winnt4 sp5 MS
    exchange srv 5.5.
    Any insights would be appreciated.
    Thks

  2. Re: BENT8.6 Exchange 5.5 slow throughput mailboxs

    Hello,

    It is normal with much slower mailbox backup than database backup. That is
    why that most people doesn't recommend mailbox backup (maybe except for some
    of the important people in the organization).

    If you instead set the deleted mail retention time you can avoid most of the
    reasons for restoring mailboxes.

    Leif

    "sas" wrote in message news:3bd7e7c6@hronntp01....
    > Hello
    >
    > We have very slow backups of MS Exchange Mailboxes with throughput down to
    > around 10MB/min and backup time around 25 hours and we don't know why.

    (The
    > throughput rate for MS Information Store is more than 70MB/min).
    > I tried to reinstalled the agent but we have the same problem.
    > We use bent 8.6 on winnt4 PDC sp5 and remote agent bent on the winnt4 sp5

    MS
    > exchange srv 5.5.
    > Any insights would be appreciated.
    > Thks