How do I restore backup tapes from ARCServe to Varitas - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on How do I restore backup tapes from ARCServe to Varitas - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello! How do I restore backup tapes created with Computer Associates® ARCserve 2000 for NT with Backup Exec for Windows NT/2000 Version 8.6? (All I can find in the knowledge base is: How to restore ...ARCserve 6.x for NT ... ...

  1. How do I restore backup tapes from ARCServe to Varitas

    Hello!
    How do I restore backup tapes created with Computer Associates® ARCserve
    2000 for NT with Backup Exec for Windows NT/2000 Version 8.6?

    (All I can find in the knowledge base is: How to restore ...ARCserve 6.x for
    NT ... Windows NT/2000 Version 8.x.)

    I am going to switch from ARCServe to BENT, but I need to be sure that I can
    archive my existing ARCServe 2000 tapes.

    Thanks!
    Martin E.

  2. Re: How do I restore backup tapes from ARCServe to Varitas

    http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/235199.htm dated back in March says that
    BENT v8.x supports ArcServer v6.x backups.

    I'd try
    inventory
    catalog
    restore

    if that doesn't work, you're probably SOL.

    "Martin E" wrote:
    >Hello!
    >How do I restore backup tapes created with Computer Associates® ARCserve
    >2000 for NT with Backup Exec for Windows NT/2000 Version 8.6?
    >
    >(All I can find in the knowledge base is: How to restore ...ARCserve 6.x

    for
    >NT ... Windows NT/2000 Version 8.x.)
    >
    >I am going to switch from ARCServe to BENT, but I need to be sure that I

    can
    >archive my existing ARCServe 2000 tapes.
    >

    >Thanks!
    >Martin E.

+ Reply to Thread