Backup failed, probably due to corrupt file! - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup failed, probably due to corrupt file! - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi All, Everytime when my backup contains a corrupt (pst, pab or scd) file, I get a status "backup failed"! When I check the logfiles I can see that the backup job completed every partition... When I try to restore ...

  1. Backup failed, probably due to corrupt file!

    Hi All,

    Everytime when my backup contains a corrupt (pst, pab or scd) file, I get
    a status "backup failed"! When I check the logfiles I can see that the backup
    job completed every partition... When I try to restore a corrupt file I get
    a "restores succesfully" status but it restores nothing at all.
    Can somebody please help me???

    Marc Van Opstal

  2. Re: Backup failed, probably due to corrupt file!

    I have used this article

    and it no longer fails the entire job simply because of a locked file.

    "Marc" wrote in message news:3bd6bf66$1@hronntp01....

    > Hi All,
    >
    > Everytime when my backup contains a corrupt (pst, pab or scd) file, I get
    > a status "backup failed"! When I check the logfiles I can see that the

    backup
    > job completed every partition... When I try to restore a corrupt file I

    get
    > a "restores succesfully" status but it restores nothing at all.
    > Can somebody please help me???
    >
    > Marc Van Opstal

+ Reply to Thread