Services fail to start - URGENT - HELP ! - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Services fail to start - URGENT - HELP ! - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi. I sent message below two days ago but until now without answer. The same errors happened if trying start services mannualy. We uninstalled Bent and tried re-install it but the installation process donít start services too ! Is there ...

  1. Services fail to start - URGENT - HELP !

    Hi.

    I sent message below two days ago but until now without answer.

    The same errors happened if trying start services mannualy.

    We uninstalled Bent and tried re-install it but the installation process
    donít start services too !

    Is there anything else to do ?

    PLEASE HELP US !

    Thanks.

    Alex.

    ================================================== ========================================

    Hi.

    I have Bent 7.2 and NT Server 4.0 Service Pack 6. Some of bent services don't
    start by errors : "The service did not respond to the start or control request
    in a timely fashion" and "The dependency service or group failed to start"

  2. Re: Services fail to start - URGENT - HELP !

    Check that the following services are started:

    Workstation, server, Netlogon, check your MDAC version, should be
    2.1.2.4202.3, you check that i registry, HKLM\Software\Microsoft\DataAccess,
    check what "FukkVersion" says.

    Mike

    ==============

    > Hi.
    >
    > I have Bent 7.2 and NT Server 4.0 Service Pack 6. Some of bent services

    don't
    > start by errors : "The service did not respond to the start or control

    request
    > in a timely fashion" and "The dependency service or group failed to start"
    >

    > The services that not start are :
    > Backup Exec 7.x Agent Browser;
    > Backup Exec 7.x Device & Media Service;
    > Backup Exec 7.x Job Engine;
    > Backup Exec 7.x Server.
    >
    > I verified the accounts and they are ok.
    >
    > I didn't find useful help in Veritas Data Base Knowledge neither in

    NewsGroup.

    > Any help will be very very appreciated !
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Alex.

    ==============

  3. Re: Services fail to start - URGENT - HELP ! - (resolved)

    Hi.

    Just to inform that the problem was resolved !
    Really was a MDAC end Registry problem !
    Probably something we installed.
    The Registry was clear of BENT data after uninstall.
    The MDAC was downloaded from Microsoft site.

    Thanks you all.

    Alex.

    "mike" wrote:
    >Check that the following services are started:
    >
    >Workstation, server, Netlogon, check your MDAC version, should be
    >2.1.2.4202.3, you check that i registry, HKLM\Software\Microsoft\DataAccess,
    >check what "FukkVersion" says.
    >
    >Mike
    >
    >"Alex Luz" wrote in message
    >>

    >> Hi.
    >>
    >> I sent message below two days ago but until now without answer.
    >>

    >> The same errors happened if trying start services mannualy.
    >>
    >> We uninstalled Bent and tried re-install it but the installation process
    >> don't start services too !
    >>
    >> Is there anything else to do ?
    >>
    >> PLEASE HELP US !
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >> Alex.
    >>

    >================================================== ==========================
    >==============
    >>
    >> Hi.
    >>
    >> I have Bent 7.2 and NT Server 4.0 Service Pack 6. Some of bent services

    >don't
    >> start by errors : "The service did not respond to the start or control

    >request
    >> in a timely fashion" and "The dependency service or group failed to start"
    >>

    >> The services that not start are :
    >> Backup Exec 7.x Agent Browser;
    >> Backup Exec 7.x Device & Media Service;
    >> Backup Exec 7.x Job Engine;
    >> Backup Exec 7.x Server.
    >>
    >> I verified the accounts and they are ok.
    >>
    >> I didn't find useful help in Veritas Data Base Knowledge neither in

    >NewsGroup.
    >>

    >> Any help will be very very appreciated !
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >> Alex.
    >>

    >================================================== ==========================
    >==============

  4. Re: Services fail to start - URGENT - HELP !

    Upgrade.

    "Alex Luz" wrote:

    >Hi.
    >
    >I sent message below two days ago but until now without answer.
    >

    >The same errors happened if trying start services mannualy.
    >
    >We uninstalled Bent and tried re-install it but the installation process
    >donít start services too !
    >
    >Is there anything else to do ?
    >
    >PLEASE HELP US !
    >
    >Thanks.
    >
    >Alex.
    >

    >================================================== ========================================
    >
    >Hi.
    >
    >I have Bent 7.2 and NT Server 4.0 Service Pack 6. Some of bent services

    don't
    >start by errors : "The service did not respond to the start or control request
    >in a timely fashion" and "The dependency service or group failed to start"
    >.
    >
    >The services that not start are :
    >Backup Exec 7.x Agent Browser;
    >Backup Exec 7.x Device & Media Service;
    >Backup Exec 7.x Job Engine;
    >Backup Exec 7.x Server.
    >
    >I verified the accounts and they are ok.
    >
    >I didn't find useful help in Veritas Data Base Knowledge neither in NewsGroup.
    >

    >Any help will be very very appreciated !
    >
    >Thanks.
    >
    > Alex.

+ Reply to Thread