UPGRADING BENT SERVER OS - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on UPGRADING BENT SERVER OS - Veritas Backup Exec ; Are they are any know problems in upgrading a NT4 server to 2000 which is running BENT Advanced Server V8.5? Steve...

  1. UPGRADING BENT SERVER OS

    Are they are any know problems in upgrading a NT4 server to 2000 which is
    running BENT Advanced Server V8.5?

    Steve

  2. Re: UPGRADING BENT SERVER OS

    As far as I know there is no known issues. However, before upgrading the OS,
    take safecopies of the following folders under Veritas\Backup Exec\NT:

    -Data folder
    -Catalogs folder
    -Pvl.mdb file (in the NT folder)

    So in case of Backup Exec failure during upgrade you can then uninstall and
    reinstall Backup Exec and copu the above back to retrieve your restore
    selections, user defined media sets, scheduled jobs etc.

    Mike

    "Steve Bray" wrote in message
    > Are they are any know problems in upgrading a NT4 server to 2000 which is
    > running BENT Advanced Server V8.5?
    >
    > Steve

  3. Re: UPGRADING BENT SERVER OS

    Thanks for the advice.

    Steve

    "mike" wrote in message news:3bd6ad60@hronntp01....
    > As far as I know there is no known issues. However, before upgrading the

    OS,
    > take safecopies of the following folders under Veritas\Backup Exec\NT:
    >
    > -Data folder
    > -Catalogs folder
    > -Pvl.mdb file (in the NT folder)
    >
    > So in case of Backup Exec failure during upgrade you can then uninstall

    and
    > reinstall Backup Exec and copu the above back to retrieve your restore
    > selections, user defined media sets, scheduled jobs etc.
    >
    > Mike
    >
    > "Steve Bray" wrote in message
    > > Are they are any know problems in upgrading a NT4 server to 2000 which

    is
    > > running BENT Advanced Server V8.5?
    > >
    > > Steve

+ Reply to Thread