Backup Exec - How to backup on 2 or more tape drives... - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup Exec - How to backup on 2 or more tape drives... - Veritas Backup Exec ; A full backup always require at least 2 tapes. When we perform the backup at night, we always have to insert the next tape the next day - that still slowed down the database during the first part of the ...

  1. Backup Exec - How to backup on 2 or more tape drives...

    A full backup always require at least 2 tapes. When we perform the backup at
    night, we always have to insert the next tape the next day - that still
    slowed down the database during the first part of the morning.

    If we have 2 tape drives, can I setup Backup Exec to automatically write to
    the second tape drive when the first one is full???

    Thanks...

  2. Re: Backup Exec - How to backup on 2 or more tape drives...

    Sure, Set up a "Cascaded Drive Pool"

    Or, split the job into two parts, and write to both drives at the same time.

    John Smith wrote:

    > A full backup always require at least 2 tapes. When we perform the backup at
    > night, we always have to insert the next tape the next day - that still
    > slowed down the database during the first part of the morning.
    >
    > If we have 2 tape drives, can I setup Backup Exec to automatically write to
    > the second tape drive when the first one is full???
    >
    > Thanks...

+ Reply to Thread