Trouble erasing 'unrecognized media' - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Trouble erasing 'unrecognized media' - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am running BENT 8.5 v3572 on Windows 2000. Several tapes show up as unrecognized media. In reading through the cases, it appears many people fixed this problem by erasing the tapes. However, when I try this the jobs stay ...

  1. Trouble erasing 'unrecognized media'

    I am running BENT 8.5 v3572 on Windows 2000. Several tapes show up as unrecognized
    media. In reading through the cases, it appears many people fixed this problem
    by erasing the tapes. However, when I try this the jobs stay in a pending
    state and the following entry is logged:
    Unable to access the log file associated with this completed job. The file
    may no longer exist or you may not have access rights to this file.
    Thanks in advance for your help.
    -AF

  2. Re: Trouble erasing 'unrecognized media'

    You can try using NTBackup with the "No Poll" option

    Andrew Frisbie wrote:

    > I am running BENT 8.5 v3572 on Windows 2000. Several tapes show up as unrecognized
    > media. In reading through the cases, it appears many people fixed this problem
    > by erasing the tapes. However, when I try this the jobs stay in a pending
    > state and the following entry is logged:
    > Unable to access the log file associated with this completed job. The file
    > may no longer exist or you may not have access rights to this file.
    > Thanks in advance for your help.
    > -AF

+ Reply to Thread