Unable to attach to NAS device?? access denied? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Unable to attach to NAS device?? access denied? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Ok, I am trying to backup our NAS device (Dell PowerVault 705N) and I keep receiving these errors: Unable to attach to \\ Access is denied. I have read through these formus and have tried the suggestions listed in the ...

  1. Unable to attach to NAS device?? access denied?

    Ok, I am trying to backup our NAS device (Dell PowerVault 705N) and I keep
    receiving these errors:

    Unable to attach to \\
    Access is denied.

    I have read through these formus and have tried the suggestions listed in
    the Knowledge base (TechNote ID: 236263).
    I have tried to attach to it using its IP address under User Defined shares
    as well as just simply selecting it under the list of computers. Still
    have the same problem.

    Any suggestions would be helpful... thank you.

    PS. Using BE v8.5 and trying to backup to a Compaq TL891DLX mini libary (10
    tapes)

  2. Re: Unable to attach to NAS device?? access denied?

    other info:
    BE version 8.5 Rev 3571

    --Dell PowerVault 705N--
    software ver: 2.4.437 (US)
    harware ver: 2.2.1
    BIOS ver: 2.4.437

    "jeremy" wrote:

    >Ok, I am trying to backup our NAS device (Dell PowerVault 705N) and I keep
    >receiving these errors:
    >
    >Unable to attach to \\
    >Access is denied.
    >
    >I have read through these formus and have tried the suggestions listed in
    >the Knowledge base (TechNote ID: 236263).
    >I have tried to attach to it using its IP address under User Defined shares
    >as well as just simply selecting it under the list of computers. Still
    >have the same problem.
    >
    >Any suggestions would be helpful... thank you.
    >
    >PS. Using BE v8.5 and trying to backup to a Compaq TL891DLX mini libary

    (10
    >tapes)

+ Reply to Thread