Remote Agent - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Remote Agent - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have a Backup Exec 7.5 and run backup off of the same machine that has the software installed and backup from a remote machine. When I run backup on the remote machine it says it has failed when it ...

  1. Remote Agent

    I have a Backup Exec 7.5 and run backup off of the same machine that has the
    software installed and backup from a remote machine.

    When I run backup on the remote machine it says it has failed when it really
    hasn't. In the log it shows that it could not run Remote Agent and that it
    will run a standard backup.

    What I want to know is do I have to have Remote Agent installed and if I
    don't how do I remove it.

  2. Re: Remote Agent

    For v7.x this is indeed, onyo a warning, but for v8.x, you must use the agent
    to get a disaster recovery type backup. The data may be there, but the system
    state probably isn't

    "Robert Vergara" wrote:
    >I have a Backup Exec 7.5 and run backup off of the same machine that has

    the
    >software installed and backup from a remote machine.
    >
    >When I run backup on the remote machine it says it has failed when it really
    >hasn't. In the log it shows that it could not run Remote Agent and that

    it
    >will run a standard backup.
    >
    >What I want to know is do I have to have Remote Agent installed and if I
    >don't how do I remove it.

+ Reply to Thread