incremental backup errors - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on incremental backup errors - Veritas Backup Exec ; hi, recently i decided to perform incremental backups every two hours during a daily time frame. i turned off circular logging on IS & DS. but i now am getting these errors in my logs. could someone explain what i ...

  1. incremental backup errors

    hi,
    recently i decided to perform incremental backups every two hours during
    a daily time frame. i turned off circular logging on IS & DS. but i now am
    getting these errors in my logs. could someone explain what i am doing incorrectly
    and how i can correct it? thanks, Bill

    =====================
    Unable to attach to \\SERVER\Microsoft Exchange Information Store.
    NEWFS_EMS_NO_LOG_BKUP

    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    Incremental and differential backups are not possible, because one or more
    of the Microsoft Exchange transaction log files has been deleted since the
    last backup.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    =====================

  2. Re: incremental backup errors

    More than likely your problem is that your Exchange server is set for
    circular loggining. With this set, you must do FULL backups each time. You
    can do INC/DIFF backups if you disable circular logging on the Exchange
    server.

    -Matt

    "Bill" wrote in message news:3bd1c9f0$1@hronntp01....

    > hi,
    > recently i decided to perform incremental backups every two hours during
    > a daily time frame. i turned off circular logging on IS & DS. but i now am
    > getting these errors in my logs. could someone explain what i am doing

    incorrectly
    > and how i can correct it? thanks, Bill

    > Unable to attach to \\SERVER\Microsoft Exchange Information Store.
    > NEWFS_EMS_NO_LOG_BKUP
    >

    > ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    > Incremental and differential backups are not possible, because one or more
    > of the Microsoft Exchange transaction log files has been deleted since the
    > last backup.
    > ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

+ Reply to Thread