Problems with TL891 and BENT 8.6 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Problems with TL891 and BENT 8.6 - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have a Compaq TL891 w/Fibre Channel Tape Controller. It is connected to a FibreChannel Hub12. Also on the hub is a Proliant running BENT 7.3 and NT 4.0. That server is running fine. My problem is the Win2K Advanced ...

  1. Problems with TL891 and BENT 8.6

    I have a Compaq TL891 w/Fibre Channel Tape Controller. It is
    connected to a FibreChannel Hub12. Also on the hub is a
    Proliant running BENT 7.3 and NT 4.0. That server is running
    fine. My problem is the Win2K Advanced Server running BENT 8.6.
    It labels the media in the tape library as "Bad Media". This is
    also occuring on brand new tapes. Also device jobs like
    inventory and quick erase take way too long then fail. I am
    running out of options and Veritas support didn't help much. I
    have all the required options installed (SSO, Library
    expansion, etc). Please help if you can.

  2. Re: Problems with TL891 and BENT 8.6

    Matthew - Did you ever get your problem resolved and if so how???? I'm running
    into very similar problems and I'm about ready to throw it all out!

    Thanks.

    "Matthew Currey" wrote:

    >I have a Compaq TL891 w/Fibre Channel Tape Controller. It is
    > connected to a FibreChannel Hub12. Also on the hub is a
    > Proliant running BENT 7.3 and NT 4.0. That server is running
    > fine. My problem is the Win2K Advanced Server running BENT 8.6.
    > It labels the media in the tape library as "Bad Media". This is
    > also occuring on brand new tapes. Also device jobs like
    > inventory and quick erase take way too long then fail. I am
    > running out of options and Veritas support didn't help much. I
    > have all the required options installed (SSO, Library
    > expansion, etc). Please help if you can.

  3. Re: Problems with TL891 and BENT 8.6

    See technote 245910 and switch to Compaq or Windows drivers. We had the same
    problem and this appears (so far) to have solved.

    "Bob Janas" wrote:

    >Matthew - Did you ever get your problem resolved and if so how???? I'm running
    >into very similar problems and I'm about ready to throw it all out!
    >
    >Thanks.
    >
    >"Matthew Currey" wrote:
    >>
    >>I have a Compaq TL891 w/Fibre Channel Tape Controller. It is
    >> connected to a FibreChannel Hub12. Also on the hub is a
    >> Proliant running BENT 7.3 and NT 4.0. That server is running
    >> fine. My problem is the Win2K Advanced Server running BENT 8.6.
    >> It labels the media in the tape library as "Bad Media". This is
    >> also occuring on brand new tapes. Also device jobs like
    >> inventory and quick erase take way too long then fail. I am
    >> running out of options and Veritas support didn't help much. I
    >> have all the required options installed (SSO, Library
    >> expansion, etc). Please help if you can.

+ Reply to Thread