stek9714 error is logged - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on stek9714 error is logged - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello, I hope someone can help me with the following: We are running 2 clustered Windows 2000 Servers (active/passive) with Service Pack2 & Veritas Backup Exec 8. We are also using a Dell 130T backup unit. Up until last Friday, ...

  1. stek9714 error is logged

    Hello, I hope someone can help me with the following:

    We are running 2 clustered Windows 2000 Servers (active/passive) with
    Service Pack2 & Veritas Backup Exec 8. We are also using a Dell 130T backup
    unit. Up until last Friday, this worked fine. However, when I looked at the
    server this morning, I noticed that the a job scheduled for Friday hadn't
    been run. When I looked in the event viewer the following message was
    logged:

    The description for event id: (11) in source (stek9714) cannot be found, the
    local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message
    dll files to display messages from a remote computer, the following
    information is part of the event: \device\mediumchanger0.

    The time of the message/error coincided exactly with the time the backup job
    should have started. Does anyone have any idea what "stek9714" is, or have
    any other suggestions , etc.
    TIA

    Veets

  2. Re: stek9714 error is logged

    I just got the same error this morning. I am using 130T, Windows 2000 Service
    Pack 2, Backup Exec 8.6. The device went offline

    "veets" wrote:
    >Hello, I hope someone can help me with the following:
    >
    >We are running 2 clustered Windows 2000 Servers (active/passive) with
    >Service Pack2 & Veritas Backup Exec 8. We are also using a Dell 130T backup
    >unit. Up until last Friday, this worked fine. However, when I looked at

    the
    >server this morning, I noticed that the a job scheduled for Friday hadn't
    >been run. When I looked in the event viewer the following message was
    >logged:
    >
    >The description for event id: (11) in source (stek9714) cannot be found,

    the
    >local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message
    >dll files to display messages from a remote computer, the following
    >information is part of the event: \device\mediumchanger0.
    >
    >The time of the message/error coincided exactly with the time the backup

    job
    >should have started. Does anyone have any idea what "stek9714" is, or have
    >any other suggestions , etc.
    >TIA
    >
    >Veets

+ Reply to Thread