Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000 restore - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000 restore - Veritas Backup Exec ; Using Backup Exec 8.6 agent for Exchange, is it possible to restore Exchange 5.5 individual mailbox backups to Exchange 2000 platform ?...

  1. Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000 restore

    Using Backup Exec 8.6 agent for Exchange, is it possible to restore Exchange
    5.5 individual mailbox backups to Exchange 2000 platform ?

  2. Re: Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000 restore

    "Peter MariŽn" wrote:

    >Using Backup Exec 8.6 agent for Exchange, is it possible to restore Exchange
    >5.5 individual mailbox backups to Exchange 2000 platform ?

  3. Re: Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000 restore

    Probably ought to ask this at the E-mail suport page at http://seer.support.veritas.com/emai...BEWNT&crumb=on

    But I doubt that it will work.

    "Peter MariŽn" wrote:

    >Using Backup Exec 8.6 agent for Exchange, is it possible to restore Exchange
    >5.5 individual mailbox backups to Exchange 2000 platform ?

  4. Re: Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000 restore

    I think this should work
    You would have to create the destination mailbox first before you attempt to
    restore to it.

    Ken Putnam wrote in message news:3baf502b$1@hronntp01....

    > Probably ought to ask this at the E-mail suport page at

    http://seer.support.veritas.com/emai...ddProduct=BEWN
    T&crumb=on

    > But I doubt that it will work.
    >
    > "Peter MariŽn" wrote:
    > >
    > >Using Backup Exec 8.6 agent for Exchange, is it possible to restore

    Exchange
    > >5.5 individual mailbox backups to Exchange 2000 platform ?

  5. Re: Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000 restore

    This is not possible with any Veritas product. You would have to be using
    Commvault Galaxy www.commvault.com to do this cross platform restore

    -Keith

    > > Probably ought to ask this at the E-mail suport page at

    http://seer.support.veritas.com/emai...ddProduct=BEWN
    > T&crumb=on
    > >
    > > But I doubt that it will work.
    > >
    > > "Peter MariŽn" wrote:
    > > >
    > > >Using Backup Exec 8.6 agent for Exchange, is it possible to restore

    > Exchange
    > > >5.5 individual mailbox backups to Exchange 2000 platform ?

  6. Re: Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000 restore

    Yes it is possible!!!! Exactly as described below by StarPrince767

    "Keith" wrote:
    >This is not possible with any Veritas product. You would have to be using
    >Commvault Galaxy www.commvault.com to do this cross platform restore
    >
    >-Keith
    >
    >"StarPrince767 - AOL IM" wrote in message
    >> I think this should work
    >> You would have to create the destination mailbox first before you attempt

    >> restore to it.
    >>

    >> Ken Putnam wrote in message

    >> > Probably ought to ask this at the E-mail suport page at

    >http://seer.support.veritas.com/emai...ddProduct=BEWN
    >> T&crumb=on
    >> >
    >> > But I doubt that it will work.

    >> Exchange

  7. Re: Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000 restore

    According to Veritas.. this is simply not possible and they recommend using
    xmerge. So if you have actually backed up 5.5 mailboxes with the BLB and
    restored that data into E2K and not just thought it through, you should
    contact them and tell them how to do it.

    With Commvault Galaxy.. you really can perform this cross platform restore.

    -Keith

    "Geeza" wrote in message

    > Yes it is possible!!!! Exactly as described below by StarPrince767
    >
    > "Keith" wrote:
    > >This is not possible with any Veritas product. You would have to be

    using
    > >Commvault Galaxy www.commvault.com to do this cross platform restore
    > >
    > >-Keith
    > >
    > >"StarPrince767 - AOL IM" wrote in message
    > >> I think this should work
    > >> You would have to create the destination mailbox first before you

    attempt
    > >> restore to it.
    > >>

    > >> Ken Putnam wrote in message

    >http://seer.support.veritas.com/emai...?ddProduct=BEW