Exchange Store not responding - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Exchange Store not responding - Veritas Backup Exec ; Im using backupexec 8.5 on a WINNT sp6 server. When backing up my exchange server I get the following error. The Exchange Store service is not responding. Backup set aborted. My exchange server is a clustered environment running exchange 5.5 ...

  1. Exchange Store not responding

    Im using backupexec 8.5 on a WINNT sp6 server. When backing up my exchange
    server I get the following error. The Exchange Store service is not responding.
    Backup set aborted. My exchange server is a clustered environment running
    exchange 5.5 with sp3 on it. It had been working fine for about 3 or so
    months then stopped the night after we install a norton virus program on
    the backup server. Any suggestions would be appreicated.

  2. Re: Exchange Store not responding

    Go to http://seer.support.veritas.com/sear...BEWNT&crumb=on

    enter "responding" as the search string and Exchange as the search subject

    You should get eight hits, which may or may not apply to you

    You could always script stopping and starting the AV service in the mean time, just
    to get a backup

    Jason wrote:

    > Im using backupexec 8.5 on a WINNT sp6 server. When backing up my exchange
    > server I get the following error. The Exchange Store service is not responding.
    > Backup set aborted. My exchange server is a clustered environment running
    > exchange 5.5 with sp3 on it. It had been working fine for about 3 or so
    > months then stopped the night after we install a norton virus program on
    > the backup server. Any suggestions would be appreicated.

+ Reply to Thread