Slow Backup (7.3) - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Slow Backup (7.3) - Veritas Backup Exec ; Version 7.3 BU Exec for NT Multi-server Recently, my "normal" (complete) backup started to crawl along at .4 meg/minute. The incremental backup is still fast, however. I backup only about 10 gig on a complete backup. No other activity is ...

  1. Slow Backup (7.3)

    Version 7.3 BU Exec for NT Multi-server
    Recently, my "normal" (complete) backup started to crawl along at .4 meg/minute.
    The incremental backup is still fast, however. I backup only about 10 gig
    on a complete backup. No other activity is running on this machine, other
    than it is a secondary domain controller. There is hard disk space available.
    Any ideas?

  2. Re: Slow Backup (7.3)

    Speeds like that sure suggest that someone has enabled autonegotiate on a switch
    port of server NIC

    Stephen DeReus wrote:

    > Version 7.3 BU Exec for NT Multi-server
    > Recently, my "normal" (complete) backup started to crawl along at .4 meg/minute.
    > The incremental backup is still fast, however. I backup only about 10 gig
    > on a complete backup. No other activity is running on this machine, other
    > than it is a secondary domain controller. There is hard disk space available.
    > Any ideas?

+ Reply to Thread