Remote Agent Question & more. - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Remote Agent Question & more. - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have been using BENT8.5 on NT4 Server to backup Unix systems using the Unix agent. We now also have four W2K Servers that are all working in a workgroup. We have purchased 4 licenses of Bent 8.6 Remote Agent ...

  1. Remote Agent Question & more.

    I have been using BENT8.5 on NT4 Server to backup Unix systems using the Unix
    agent. We now also have four W2K Servers that are all working in a workgroup.
    We have purchased 4 licenses of Bent 8.6 Remote Agent for W2K and 1 License
    of Bent 8.6. Now I have installed to a W2K server the Remote Agent for W2K
    but the NT Backup server shows it with a greyed out box. Now I believe I
    will have to upgrade the 8.5 NT Backup Server to 8.6 to make this work. Correct?
    Can I just insert the 8.6 CDROM and install it and know the settings will
    remain the same? I have loads of jobs, media, etc on the NT system and would
    die if I lost the settings.
    Thanks, Mitch

  2. Re: Remote Agent Question & more.

    Yeah, you should have no problems upgrading as long as you have the v8.6 serial(s)

    As a fall-back, you can stop all BENT services and copy the ...\Backup exec\nt\
    tree someplace for safekeeping.

    "Mitch Kelly" wrote:

    >I have been using BENT8.5 on NT4 Server to backup Unix systems using the

    Unix
    >agent. We now also have four W2K Servers that are all working in a workgroup.
    >We have purchased 4 licenses of Bent 8.6 Remote Agent for W2K and 1 License
    >of Bent 8.6. Now I have installed to a W2K server the Remote Agent for W2K
    >but the NT Backup server shows it with a greyed out box. Now I believe I
    >will have to upgrade the 8.5 NT Backup Server to 8.6 to make this work.

    Correct?
    >Can I just insert the 8.6 CDROM and install it and know the settings will
    >remain the same? I have loads of jobs, media, etc on the NT system and would
    >die if I lost the settings.
    >Thanks, Mitch

+ Reply to Thread