Can't eject tape/Can't initialize user interface - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Can't eject tape/Can't initialize user interface - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, I am running Backup Exec for Windows NT on an NT 4.0 SP6 server with a DLT tape drive. I have a normal backup scheduled every evening that takes about 2 hours. When I come in each morning. I ...

  1. Can't eject tape/Can't initialize user interface

    Hi,

    I am running Backup Exec for Windows NT on an NT 4.0 SP6 server with a DLT
    tape drive. I have a normal backup scheduled every evening that takes about
    2 hours. When I come in each morning. I am unable to eject the tape
    cartridge. When I try to start the Backup Exec program on the server, it
    stops responding when initializing the user interface. I have to reboot my
    server and then I can eject the cartridge and start the user interface. I
    get no events in my event log nor do I get any alerts. My backup jobs
    complete successfully. Does anyone have any ideas for me? Thank you.

    Karen

  2. Re: Can't eject tape/Can't initialize user interface

    Version and Build of BackupExec? (From Help/About if you don't know)

    "KJ" wrote:
    >Hi,
    >
    >I am running Backup Exec for Windows NT on an NT 4.0 SP6 server with a DLT
    >tape drive. I have a normal backup scheduled every evening that takes about
    >2 hours. When I come in each morning. I am unable to eject the tape
    >cartridge. When I try to start the Backup Exec program on the server, it
    >stops responding when initializing the user interface. I have to reboot

    my
    >server and then I can eject the cartridge and start the user interface.

    >get no events in my event log nor do I get any alerts. My backup jobs
    >complete successfully. Does anyone have any ideas for me? Thank you.
    >
    >Karen

  3. Re: Can't eject tape/Can't initialize user interface

    Don't knwo if it will affect this behavior or not, but I HIGHLY recommend
    the free upgrade to build 2575

    BNT73I03
    POST2575
    SPANFIX
    OFOFIX
    MEDIAFIX_234341

    IMHO all lower builds of v7.3 and all v7.2 builds were still beta code.

    "KJ" wrote:
    >My apologies for not including that information. I had intended to!
    >
    >Version 7.3 Build 2371
    >
    >Thanks!
    >
    >Karen
    >

    >"Ken Putnam`" wrote in message
    >>
    >> Version and Build of BackupExec? (From Help/About if you don't know)
    >>
    >> "KJ" wrote:
    >> >Hi,
    >> >
    >> >I am running Backup Exec for Windows NT on an NT 4.0 SP6 server with

    >DLT
    >> >tape drive. I have a normal backup scheduled every evening that takes

    >about
    >> >2 hours. When I come in each morning. I am unable to eject the tape
    >> >cartridge. When I try to start the Backup Exec program on the server,

    it
    >> >stops responding when initializing the user interface. I have to reboot

    >> my
    >> >server and then I can eject the cartridge and start the user interface.

    >> >get no events in my event log nor do I get any alerts. My backup jobs
    >> >complete successfully. Does anyone have any ideas for me? Thank you.
    >> >
    >> >Karen

  4. Re: Can't eject tape/Can't initialize user interface

    "Ken Putnam`" wrote in message

    > Version and Build of BackupExec? (From Help/About if you don't know)
    >
    > "KJ" wrote:
    > >Hi,
    > >
    > >I am running Backup Exec for Windows NT on an NT 4.0 SP6 server with a

    DLT
    > >tape drive. I have a normal backup scheduled every evening that takes

    about
    > >2 hours. When I come in each morning. I am unable to eject the tape
    > >cartridge. When I try to start the Backup Exec program on the server, it
    > >stops responding when initializing the user interface. I have to reboot

    > my
    > >server and then I can eject the cartridge and start the user interface.

    > >get no events in my event log nor do I get any alerts. My backup jobs
    > >complete successfully. Does anyone have any ideas for me? Thank you.
    > >
    > >Karen

+ Reply to Thread