Ejecting media in the middle of a B/U - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Ejecting media in the middle of a B/U - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have been running BENT 8.0 backing up multiple drives on the same server for sometime now. For the past week the tape has been getting ejected in the middle of the b/u job. According to the logs I get ...

  1. Ejecting media in the middle of a B/U

    I have been running BENT 8.0 backing up multiple drives on the same server
    for sometime now. For the past week the tape has been getting ejected in the
    middle of the b/u job. According to the logs I get a good backup of the
    first drive with not problems, but when it trys to backup the second drive I
    get the following error: "The media provided to continue the backup already
    contains data from one or more sets created during this operation. the
    operation can not be continued." Then the tape is ejected.

    Any ideas?

  2. Re: Ejecting media in the middle of a B/U

    This message means that you have filled the tape, and BENT has tried to re-load
    the same tape to continue the job.

    See http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/195821.htm

    "Jason Luker" wrote:
    >I have been running BENT 8.0 backing up multiple drives on the same server
    >for sometime now. For the past week the tape has been getting ejected in

    the
    >middle of the b/u job. According to the logs I get a good backup of the
    >first drive with not problems, but when it trys to backup the second drive

    >get the following error: "The media provided to continue the backup already
    >contains data from one or more sets created during this operation. the
    >operation can not be continued." Then the tape is ejected.
    >
    >Any ideas?

+ Reply to Thread