Multiple tape devices - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Multiple tape devices - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have 3 file servers, alle have a tapedevice build in. On one server is Backupexec installed, with exchange license and sql server license. I want to use alle three de tape devices for backup. I cant use the 2 ...

  1. Multiple tape devices

    I have 3 file servers, alle have a tapedevice build in. On one server is Backupexec
    installed, with exchange license and sql server license.

    I want to use alle three de tape devices for backup. I cant use the 2 devices
    wich are not fysical attached to de server with de backup exec.

    Is this possible or do i kneed extra license's ?

  2. Re: Multiple tape devices

    You need a full server install on any machine that "owns" a device you want to use.
    For you, that would be three copies of BackupExec

    Peter Warmerdam wrote:

    > I have 3 file servers, alle have a tapedevice build in. On one server is Backupexec
    > installed, with exchange license and sql server license.
    >
    > I want to use alle three de tape devices for backup. I cant use the 2 devices
    > wich are not fysical attached to de server with de backup exec.
    >
    > Is this possible or do i kneed extra license's ?

+ Reply to Thread