BENT 8.6:System State Error...Device not found - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BENT 8.6:System State Error...Device not found - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello backup professionals out there, i got problems backing up remote system states of our servers using this constellation: - BENT8.6 NFR all Options - Backup Machine: Win2kSrv SP2 with Tandberg SLR50 - Active Directory Domain; all Servers are Members ...

  1. BENT 8.6:System State Error...Device not found

    Hello backup professionals out there,

    i got problems backing up remote system states of our servers using this
    constellation:

    - BENT8.6 NFR all Options
    - Backup Machine: Win2kSrv SP2 with Tandberg SLR50
    - Active Directory Domain; all Servers are Members of the Domain
    Backup Machine is Domain Controller (but not with global Catalogue

    - Servers to back up are also running win2ksrv Sp2 with remote agent and
    ofo installed

    what I have already tried:
    - Changing Service Accounts of the Backup Services and the remote Agent from
    Backupoperator to Domain Admin Account
    "God Level Rights" :-)
    - applying the System State Patch with new beengine and bedsnt5.dll
    - disabling OFO and IIO
    - creating a single backup job only for system state backup

    Backing up the local system state of the backup machine is no problem.

    Any help would be greatl appreciated!

    CU

    Stefan

  2. Re: BENT 8.6:System State Error...Device not found

    I was having the same problem. Tech Support help me through this issue.

    Try This

    Backup operations fail with the error: "Unable to Attach to \\Server
    Name\System?State. The device cannot be found."
    TechNote ID: 239739

    "Stefan Dambeck" wrote:

    >Hello backup professionals out there,
    >
    >i got problems backing up remote system states of our servers using this
    >constellation:
    >
    >- BENT8.6 NFR all Options
    >- Backup Machine: Win2kSrv SP2 with Tandberg SLR50
    >- Active Directory Domain; all Servers are Members of the Domain
    > Backup Machine is Domain Controller (but not with global Catalogue
    >
    >- Servers to back up are also running win2ksrv Sp2 with remote agent and
    >ofo installed
    >
    >what I have already tried:
    >- Changing Service Accounts of the Backup Services and the remote Agent

    from
    >Backupoperator to Domain Admin Account
    >"God Level Rights" :-)
    >- applying the System State Patch with new beengine and bedsnt5.dll
    >- disabling OFO and IIO
    >- creating a single backup job only for system state backup
    >
    >Backing up the local system state of the backup machine is no problem.
    >
    >Any help would be greatl appreciated!
    >
    >CU
    >
    >Stefan

  3. Re: BENT 8.6:System State Error...Device not found

    Hi, I am having the same issue, then I followed the link that you had provided,
    but did not found any information. Do you have any other pointer to the solution?

    Thank you very much
    Alejandro

    "Tom B" wrote:

    >I was having the same problem. Tech Support help me through this issue.
    >
    >Try This
    >
    >Backup operations fail with the error: "Unable to Attach to \\Server
    >Name\System?State. The device cannot be found."
    >TechNote ID: 239739
    >

    >"Stefan Dambeck" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hello backup professionals out there,
    >>
    >>i got problems backing up remote system states of our servers using this
    >>constellation:
    >>
    >>- BENT8.6 NFR all Options
    >>- Backup Machine: Win2kSrv SP2 with Tandberg SLR50
    >>- Active Directory Domain; all Servers are Members of the Domain
    >> Backup Machine is Domain Controller (but not with global Catalogue
    >>
    >>- Servers to back up are also running win2ksrv Sp2 with remote agent and
    >>ofo installed
    >>
    >>what I have already tried:
    >>- Changing Service Accounts of the Backup Services and the remote Agent

    >from
    >>Backupoperator to Domain Admin Account
    >>"God Level Rights" :-)
    >>- applying the System State Patch with new beengine and bedsnt5.dll
    >>- disabling OFO and IIO
    >>- creating a single backup job only for system state backup
    >>
    >>Backing up the local system state of the backup machine is no problem.
    >>
    >>Any help would be greatl appreciated!
    >>
    >>CU
    >>
    >>Stefan

+ Reply to Thread