Alpha-numeric paging - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Alpha-numeric paging - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, *USR Courier V.Everything modem *Backup Exec 8.6 *Win NT 4.0 SP6a I have an issue right now where if I try to use alphanumeric paging, Backup Exec won't allow it unless I give it a PIN for the pager. ...

  1. Alpha-numeric paging

    Hi,

    *USR Courier V.Everything modem
    *Backup Exec 8.6
    *Win NT 4.0 SP6a

    I have an issue right now where if I try to use alphanumeric paging, Backup
    Exec won't allow it unless I give it a PIN for the pager. I don't have a
    PIN for my pager. It simply will not allow the use of alphanumeric pager
    without entering a PIN. I don't got any hangs, freezes or crashes. A dialog
    box appears that states that I must enter a PIN for the pager. It works
    just fine with numeric paging. Any clues??

    Philip

  2. Re: Alpha-numeric paging

    You may want to check with your paging company to find out how they do things.

    With all the alpha numeric pages I ever used, you couldn't send an alphanumeric
    page directly to 'your' pager #. It was a bit more complicated than that. The
    # you actually had to dial was a phone number to connect you to the paging
    company's system. Then you had to tell the system which particular device you
    wanted to contact by supplying its PIN.

    Hope this helps.

    Ian.

    Philip DeJan wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > *USR Courier V.Everything modem
    > *Backup Exec 8.6
    > *Win NT 4.0 SP6a
    >
    > I have an issue right now where if I try to use alphanumeric paging, Backup
    > Exec won't allow it unless I give it a PIN for the pager. I don't have a
    > PIN for my pager. It simply will not allow the use of alphanumeric pager
    > without entering a PIN. I don't got any hangs, freezes or crashes. A dialog
    > box appears that states that I must enter a PIN for the pager. It works
    > just fine with numeric paging. Any clues??
    >
    > Philip

  3. Re: Alpha-numeric paging

    Thanks,
    I'll give it a try.

    Philip

    Ian Frisk wrote:
    >You may want to check with your paging company to find out how they do things.
    >
    >With all the alpha numeric pages I ever used, you couldn't send an alphanumeric
    >page directly to 'your' pager #. It was a bit more complicated than that.

    The
    ># you actually had to dial was a phone number to connect you to the paging
    >company's system. Then you had to tell the system which particular device

    you
    >wanted to contact by supplying its PIN.
    >
    >Hope this helps.
    >
    >Ian.
    >

    >Philip DeJan wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> *USR Courier V.Everything modem
    >> *Backup Exec 8.6
    >> *Win NT 4.0 SP6a
    >>
    >> I have an issue right now where if I try to use alphanumeric paging, Backup
    >> Exec won't allow it unless I give it a PIN for the pager. I don't have

    >> PIN for my pager. It simply will not allow the use of alphanumeric pager
    >> without entering a PIN. I don't got any hangs, freezes or crashes. A dialog
    >> box appears that states that I must enter a PIN for the pager. It works
    >> just fine with numeric paging. Any clues??
    >>
    >> Philip

+ Reply to Thread