Remote agent - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Remote agent - Veritas Backup Exec ; I tried to install remote agent on my Backup Exec server and it seems to now let me see other servers, but it gives me an error after I backup everything. It says remote agent for NT/2000 not found...performing standard ...

  1. Remote agent

    I tried to install remote agent on my Backup Exec server and it seems to now
    let me see other servers, but it gives me an error after I backup
    everything. It says remote agent for NT/2000 not found...performing
    standard backup. It DOES complete the backup and gets the data, but it
    reports that it fails and it then puts the job on hold right above it. Any
    help??

    Wes

  2. Re: Remote agent

    You installed the Remote Agent on the server that you're trying to back-up,
    not the Back-up Server, correct?

    Davide

    "Wesley Hayes" wrote in message
    > I tried to install remote agent on my Backup Exec server and it seems to

    now
    > let me see other servers, but it gives me an error after I backup
    > everything. It says remote agent for NT/2000 not found...performing
    > standard backup. It DOES complete the backup and gets the data, but it
    > reports that it fails and it then puts the job on hold right above it.

    Any
    > help??
    >
    > Wes

  3. Re: Remote agent

    I first installed it to the Back-up server, and I also tried to run the
    setupaa.cmd on the remote server, but I can't see any serivces installed on
    either of them???
    Am I doing something wrong?

    Wes

    "Davide" wrote in message
    > You installed the Remote Agent on the server that you're trying to

    back-up,
    > not the Back-up Server, correct?
    >
    > Davide
    >
    > "Wesley Hayes" wrote in message
    > > I tried to install remote agent on my Backup Exec server and it seems to

    > now
    > > let me see other servers, but it gives me an error after I backup
    > > everything. It says remote agent for NT/2000 not found...performing
    > > standard backup. It DOES complete the backup and gets the data, but it
    > > reports that it fails and it then puts the job on hold right above it.

    > Any
    > > help??
    > >
    > > Wes

+ Reply to Thread