Tape cleaning weirdness - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Tape cleaning weirdness - Veritas Backup Exec ; Heres a good one...and any help would be appreciated. When I do a cleaning of a drive the tape doesn't do anything. It just sticks in the drive and says loading media. It continues forever until I cancel the job ...

  1. Tape cleaning weirdness

    Heres a good one...and any help would be appreciated. When I do a cleaning
    of a drive the tape doesn't do anything. It just sticks in the drive and
    says loading media. It continues forever until I cancel the job and then
    the really weird part comes...it says "job successful" ?? I don't
    understand. Is there anyone with some info on this?

    Wes

  2. Re: Tape cleaning weirdness

    What kind of tape drive do you have? If you happen to have a compaq DLT
    drive you should check the firmware updates for that line. There was an
    issue with excessive cleaning errors.

    "Wesley Hayes" wrote in message
    > Heres a good one...and any help would be appreciated. When I do a

    cleaning
    > of a drive the tape doesn't do anything. It just sticks in the drive and
    > says loading media. It continues forever until I cancel the job and then
    > the really weird part comes...it says "job successful" ?? I don't
    > understand. Is there anyone with some info on this?
    >
    > Wes

+ Reply to Thread