After installing SQL2k on a server that already had SQL 7, I can't backup
the databases in SQL 7. I've pasted the related portion of the backup exec
log (truncated since all 39 databases received the same error) and the event
logs pertaining to the backup operation. SQL2K backs up fine. I can view the
sql 7 databases inside of backup exec, i.e. I can connect and select and
unselect different databases in the sql 7 version on the server, but I can't
actually back them up. All of the other sql databases backed up fine. My
first guess from reading other postings is that it's an sql agent issue, but
I'm not sure as all the other sql servers are backing up successfully. Help
is appreciated.

BENT 8.5 Server with Win 2k sp2. The SQL databases are both
on the BENT server.

-Mike Miazga

Media Name: "Media created 8/29/2001 07:00:00 PM"

Backup of "DV1 "

Backup set #2 on storage media #1

Backup set description: "SQL Server"

Backup Type: DATABASE - Back Up Entire Database

Backup started on 8/29/2001 at 7:20:29 PM.

An error occurred on a query to database WVUA.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^

No error message was received from SQL Server.

Please use the Event Viewer to examine recent event logs or view the

SQL Server error log for possible explanations for the error.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Unable to open the item WVUA - skipped.

An error occurred on a query to database TIES.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^

No error message was received from SQL Server.

Please use the Event Viewer to examine recent event logs or view the

SQL Server error log for possible explanations for the error.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Unable to open the item TIES - skipped.

Backup completed on 8/29/2001 at 8:00:14 PM.

39 items were skipped.

Processed 0 bytes in 39 minutes and 45 seconds.

Throughput rate: 0.0 MB/min

Media Name: "Media created 8/29/2001 07:00:00 PM"

Backup of "DV1\SQL2K "

Backup set #3 on storage media #1

Backup set description: "SQL Server"

Backup Type: DATABASE - Back Up Entire Database

Backup started on 8/29/2001 at 8:00:14 PM.

Backup completed on 8/29/2001 at 8:01:36 PM.

Backed up 6 database(s)

Processed 357,280,781 bytes in 1 minute and 22 seconds.

Throughput rate: 249.3 MB/min

----