BE 8.5 - Need to backup to a drive instead of Tape?? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BE 8.5 - Need to backup to a drive instead of Tape?? - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am in the process of relocation some user data files to another server. When we had ARCserve there was a option to copy, which took permissions, files to another drive or server. Is there a way to do this ...

  1. BE 8.5 - Need to backup to a drive instead of Tape??

    I am in the process of relocation some user data files to another server.
    When we had ARCserve there was a option to copy, which took permissions,
    files to another drive or server. Is there a way to do this with BE? The
    only destination I see is tape.

    Thanks
    js

  2. Re: BE 8.5 - Need to backup to a drive instead of Tape??

    Only by upgrading to v8.6 (a pay-for upgrade)

    "John Senter" wrote:

    >I am in the process of relocation some user data files to another server.
    > When we had ARCserve there was a option to copy, which took permissions,
    >files to another drive or server. Is there a way to do this with BE? The
    >only destination I see is tape.
    >
    >Thanks
    >js

+ Reply to Thread